What is involved in Metadata Repositories
Find out what the related areas are that Metadata Repositories connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Metadata Repositories thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Metadata Repositories journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Metadata Repositories leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Metadata Repositories related domains to cover and 77 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Metadata Repositories, Metadata repository, Centralized database, Data cleansing, Data dictionary, Data modeling, Data structure, Decision support system, Distributed database, Entity-relationship model, ISO/IEC 11179, Logical data model, Master data management, Metadata, Metadata registry, Metadata standards, Object-oriented design:
Metadata Repositories Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Metadata Repositories projects and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Metadata Repositories activities?
– Do we all define Metadata Repositories in the same way?
– What is Effective Metadata Repositories?
Metadata repository Critical Criteria:
Unify Metadata repository strategies and handle a jump-start course to Metadata repository.
– Among the Metadata Repositories product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are current Metadata Repositories Paradigms?
– How can we improve Metadata Repositories?
Centralized database Critical Criteria:
Confer over Centralized database planning and adjust implementation of Centralized database.
– Do those selected for the Metadata Repositories team have a good general understanding of what Metadata Repositories is all about?
– How would one define Metadata Repositories leadership?
– What threat is Metadata Repositories addressing?
Data cleansing Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Data cleansing decisions and get the big picture.
– Can we add value to the current Metadata Repositories decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is there an ongoing data cleansing procedure to look for rot (redundant, obsolete, trivial content)?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Metadata Repositories move?
– How to Secure Metadata Repositories?
Data dictionary Critical Criteria:
Generalize Data dictionary engagements and look at the big picture.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Metadata Repositories processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Metadata Repositories process?
– What types of information should be included in the data dictionary?
– Is there a data dictionary?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Data modeling outcomes and remodel and develop an effective Data modeling strategy.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Metadata Repositories process?
– Do Metadata Repositories rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Does the Metadata Repositories task fit the clients priorities?
Data structure Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Data structure management and look at it backwards.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Metadata Repositories experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Metadata Repositories objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What if the needle in the haystack happens to be a complex data structure?
– How do we go about Comparing Metadata Repositories approaches/solutions?
– Is the process repeatable as we change algorithms and data structures?
Decision support system Critical Criteria:
Add value to Decision support system visions and tour deciding if Decision support system progress is made.
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– What are our needs in relation to Metadata Repositories skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How will you know that the Metadata Repositories project has been successful?
– What are all of our Metadata Repositories domains and what do they do?
Distributed database Critical Criteria:
Pilot Distributed database planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Distributed database and constraints.
– What systems are similar to or may have influenced Bitcoins eventually consistent distributed database?
– Is Metadata Repositories dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Metadata Repositories Required?
Entity-relationship model Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Entity-relationship model failures and probe Entity-relationship model strategic alliances.
– Do we monitor the Metadata Repositories decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we Lead with Metadata Repositories in Mind?
ISO/IEC 11179 Critical Criteria:
Guard ISO/IEC 11179 failures and separate what are the business goals ISO/IEC 11179 is aiming to achieve.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Metadata Repositories values?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Metadata Repositories Management?
Logical data model Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Logical data model quality and work towards be a leading Logical data model expert.
– Think about the people you identified for your Metadata Repositories project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Metadata Repositories services/products?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Is there any existing Metadata Repositories governance structure?
– Logical data model available?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Master data management goals and get answers.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Metadata Repositories delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Metadata Repositories?
– How do we know that any Metadata Repositories analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Metadata Critical Criteria:
Audit Metadata failures and shift your focus.
– Specifically with regard to your customer data, what metadata does the provider have about your data, how is it secured, and what access do you, the customer, have to that metadata?
– Is there an organization-wide metadata standard, such as an extension of the dublin core, for use by search tools, multiple repositories, etc.?
– Is it necessary only to make the metadata discoverable, with links to the data files, or is deeper support for manipulating the data needed?
– In a project to restructure Metadata Repositories outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Are there hiring and training practices especially for metadata and taxonomy positions?
– Which metadata standard will be used or will a local schema be created?
– What is the Quality of the Result if the Quality of the Data/Metadata is poor?
– What details (metadata) are necessary for others to use your data?
– Can the ceo explain the roi for search and metadata?
– Who is responsible for creating the metadata?
– What format will the data and metadata be in?
– Have any metadata methods been identified?
– Metadata; is there a metadata strategy?
– Is the metadata cache size acceptable?
– What metadata standard will be used?
– What is data, what is metadata?
– Is there a metadata strategy?
– Can metadata be loaded?
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Adapt Metadata registry engagements and look in other fields.
– Will Metadata Repositories have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Metadata standards Critical Criteria:
Rank Metadata standards tasks and ask what if.
– Are the appropriate metadata standards including those for encoding and transmission of metadata information established?
– Have all basic functions of Metadata Repositories been defined?
– Which metadata standards will you use?
Object-oriented design Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Object-oriented design governance and handle a jump-start course to Object-oriented design.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Metadata Repositories process?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Metadata Repositories project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Metadata Repositories Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Metadata repository External links:
Historical Observing Metadata Repository (HOMR) | …
[PDF]Metadata Repository Design Concepts – ir.unlv.edu
Metadata Repository Information – Informatica Network
Data cleansing External links:
Data cleansing – SlideShare
Data Cleansing Services | Database Cleaning | Data …
Data Cleansing Solution – Salesforce.com
Data dictionary External links:
[XLS]Data Dictionary – Product Database
What is a Data Dictionary? – Definition from Techopedia
What is a Data Dictionary? – Bridging the Gap
Data modeling External links:
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
| Peace, Love, Data Modeling
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Data structure External links:
C++ Data Structures – tutorialspoint.com
Data structures – C++ Tutorials
Decision support system External links:
Decision Support Systems – Journal – Elsevier
Decision Support System – DSS – Investopedia
North Carolina Accounting System Decision Support System
Distributed database External links:
[PDF]DISTRIBUTED DATABASES – Academics
[PPT]Distributed Database and Replication – San Francisco …
[PDF]Distributed Database Management Systems
http://vulms.vu.edu.pk/Courses/CS712/Downloads/1 to 24 ddbs.pdf
Entity-relationship model External links:
ISO/IEC 11179 External links:
Standard: DS/ISO/IEC 11179-2 – GlobalSpec
http://ISO/IEC 11179 (formally known as the ISO/IEC 11179 Metadata Registry (MDR) standard) is an international standard for representing metadata for an organization in a metadata registry. Organizations exchange data between computer systems precisely using enterprise application integration technologies.
METADATA REGISTRY, ISO/IEC 11179 – Digital Library
Metadata External links:
Title metadata – WiiBrew
PDF properties and metadata, Adobe Acrobat
3 key tips to adding in your site’s metadata | Yola
Metadata registry External links:
Home – Aristotle Open Metadata Registry
ERIC – Distributed Interoperable Metadata Registry; How …
Metadata standards External links:
Metadata Standards – CollectiveAccess Documentation
List of Metadata Standards | Digital Curation Centre
current operational and proposed metadata standards
Object-oriented design External links:
SOLID (object-oriented design) Flashcards | Quizlet