What is involved in Enterprise Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Collaborative Enterprise Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Architecture related domains to cover and 281 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Architecture, Business application, Treasury Enterprise Architecture Framework, Software verification and validation, Architecture domain, Global Information Network Architecture, Business process, Software archaeology, Performance management, Business transformation, Project management, Enterprise Architecture Planning, Architecture of Integrated Information Systems, Computer science, Service-oriented architecture, Technology change, United States Department of Defense, Service Oriented Architecture, Jaap Schekkerman, Systems modeling, Software quality assurance, International Institute of Business Analysis, Regulatory compliance, ISO/IEC 15504, Object model, Functional specification, Business architecture, Information Framework, Information model, Iterative and incremental development, Organizational unit, Software design, Forrester Research, Agile software development, United States, InterContinental Hotels Group, Software architecture, Enterprise Architecture Management, Digital workplace, MEGA International Srl., Data flow, Entity–relationship model, Information Architecture, Evernden, Roger, Software engineering, Software testing, Enterprise Architecture Assessment Framework, Sparx Systems, Software quality, Extreme programming, Volkswagen AG, Decision making, Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge, Data modeling, IDS Scheer, Software maintenance, Requirements Engineering, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Risk management, Real Story Group, Software prototyping, Troux Technologies, Enterprise Architect, Project portfolio management, Waterfall model, Structured analysis:
Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Enterprise Architecture decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Enterprise Architecture goal is.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are the disruptive Enterprise Architecture technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is Supporting Enterprise Architecture documentation required?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Are there Enterprise Architecture Models?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Business application Critical Criteria:
Group Business application goals and create Business application explanations for all managers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Enterprise Architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the biggest differences challenges designing consumer applications versus business to business applications?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Which business applications should move to the cloud first?
– Is a Enterprise Architecture Team Work effort in place?
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise Architecture?
Treasury Enterprise Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Guard Treasury Enterprise Architecture Framework outcomes and question.
– Consider your own Enterprise Architecture project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Enterprise Architecture project?
– What is our formula for success in Enterprise Architecture ?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Apply Software verification and validation strategies and spearhead techniques for implementing Software verification and validation.
– How will you know that the Enterprise Architecture project has been successful?
– Can we do Enterprise Architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What business benefits will Enterprise Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
Architecture domain Critical Criteria:
Coach on Architecture domain tactics and revise understanding of Architecture domain architectures.
– Do the Enterprise Architecture decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– How would one define Enterprise Architecture leadership?
Global Information Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Focus on Global Information Network Architecture results and differentiate in coordinating Global Information Network Architecture.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Architecture services/products?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Enterprise Architecture? There might be some that are less obvious?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Test Business process failures and stake your claim.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– How do we Lead with Enterprise Architecture in Mind?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Software archaeology visions and be persistent.
– What are the usability implications of Enterprise Architecture actions?
– How much does Enterprise Architecture help?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Face Performance management results and get answers.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise Architecture models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– In what ways are Enterprise Architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– Why should we adopt a Enterprise Architecture framework?
Business transformation Critical Criteria:
Systematize Business transformation risks and explore and align the progress in Business transformation.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Enterprise Architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How can you negotiate Enterprise Architecture successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Merge Project management management and find the ideas you already have.
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– Operationally, what does project management integration mean?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– How do we deal with change?
– When is done done?
Enterprise Architecture Planning Critical Criteria:
Steer Enterprise Architecture Planning outcomes and transcribe Enterprise Architecture Planning as tomorrows backbone for success.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Enterprise Architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who will provide the final approval of Enterprise Architecture deliverables?
– Does the Enterprise Architecture task fit the clients priorities?
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Face Architecture of Integrated Information Systems results and research ways can we become the Architecture of Integrated Information Systems company that would put us out of business.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Enterprise Architecture?
– What are internal and external Enterprise Architecture relations?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Architecture defined?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Reason over Computer science planning and pay attention to the small things.
– Think about the functions involved in your Enterprise Architecture project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Enterprise Architecture processes?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Nurse Service-oriented architecture risks and maintain Service-oriented architecture for success.
– Which Enterprise Architecture goals are the most important?
Technology change Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Technology change outcomes and track iterative Technology change results.
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Judge United States Department of Defense strategies and grade techniques for implementing United States Department of Defense controls.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Enterprise Architecture ?
– Is the Enterprise Architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does Enterprise Architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Service Oriented Architecture Critical Criteria:
Devise Service Oriented Architecture outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Enterprise Architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Will Enterprise Architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Jaap Schekkerman Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Jaap Schekkerman decisions and test out new things.
– Is there a Enterprise Architecture Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How can skill-level changes improve Enterprise Architecture?
– Who sets the Enterprise Architecture standards?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Examine Systems modeling planning and describe the risks of Systems modeling sustainability.
– How important is Enterprise Architecture to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Improve Enterprise Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can you measure Enterprise Architecture in a systematic way?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Analyze Software quality assurance engagements and catalog Software quality assurance activities.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the short and long-term Enterprise Architecture goals?
International Institute of Business Analysis Critical Criteria:
Nurse International Institute of Business Analysis issues and cater for concise International Institute of Business Analysis education.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Enterprise Architecture processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Enterprise Architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are all of our Enterprise Architecture domains and what do they do?
Regulatory compliance Critical Criteria:
Value Regulatory compliance governance and summarize a clear Regulatory compliance focus.
– Does Enterprise Architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Enterprise Architecture information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Enterprise Architecture into the services that we provide?
– In the case of public clouds, will the hosting service provider meet their regulatory compliance requirements?
– Regulatory compliance: Is the cloud vendor willing to undergo external audits and/or security certifications?
– How do we keep improving Enterprise Architecture?
– What is Regulatory Compliance ?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Chart ISO/IEC 15504 outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Do those selected for the Enterprise Architecture team have a good general understanding of what Enterprise Architecture is all about?
– In a project to restructure Enterprise Architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Design Object model quality and plan concise Object model education.
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Functional specification decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do we go about Comparing Enterprise Architecture approaches/solutions?
– What are specific Enterprise Architecture Rules to follow?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Business architecture issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Business architecture because they lack skills.
Information Framework Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Information Framework failures and reduce Information Framework costs.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Enterprise Architecture leader?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Architecture moving forward?
– Are there Enterprise Architecture problems defined?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Debate over Information model projects and ask what if.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Enterprise Architecture opportunities costing us money?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Enterprise Architecture move?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Adapt Iterative and incremental development tasks and reduce Iterative and incremental development costs.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Enterprise Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Enterprise Architecture project lifecycle?
Organizational unit Critical Criteria:
Guard Organizational unit issues and secure Organizational unit creativity.
– Does your department or organizational unit manage or support computing resources (data bases, hardware, web pages, etc.) that are used by people that access those resources from outside your department?
– Can people access the computing equipment used by your department or organizational unit through the internet, through dial-up access, or from network devices outside your department?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Enterprise Architecture process?
– Which organizational units affected?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Dissect Software design leadership and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software design projects.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Enterprise Architecture requirements in detail?
– Are there recognized Enterprise Architecture problems?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Forrester Research tasks and find out.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Architecture?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Enterprise Architecture leaders?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Detail Agile software development issues and reduce Agile software development costs.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Enterprise Architecture in a volatile global economy?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– How good are our agile methods?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
United States Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re United States engagements and research ways can we become the United States company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the people you identified for your Enterprise Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– Is Enterprise Architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Are you legally authorized to work in the united states?
InterContinental Hotels Group Critical Criteria:
Focus on InterContinental Hotels Group risks and change contexts.
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Meet over Software architecture engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Enterprise Architecture with what users do day-to-day?
Enterprise Architecture Management Critical Criteria:
Debate over Enterprise Architecture Management leadership and prioritize challenges of Enterprise Architecture Management.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Enterprise Architecture delivery for example is new software needed?
– When a Enterprise Architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Digital workplace Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Digital workplace quality and oversee Digital workplace requirements.
– In the case of a Enterprise Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Enterprise Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Enterprise Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Enterprise Architecture processes?
MEGA International Srl. Critical Criteria:
Devise MEGA International Srl. projects and handle a jump-start course to MEGA International Srl..
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise Architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Data flow Critical Criteria:
Learn from Data flow management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Data flow projects.
– If a breach occurs or the regulator investigates the organization; you need to have documents to explain the complete data flows. Are you ready to answer those questions as the level of fines will take into account the processes; technology; and documentation that describes the systems and flow of data. Are you ready for that?
– What is a standard data flow, and what should be the source and destination of the identified data?
– Have all processes and data flows been documented?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Entity–relationship model results and devise Entity–relationship model key steps.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Enterprise Architecture objectives?
– Does our organization need more Enterprise Architecture education?
Information Architecture Critical Criteria:
Value Information Architecture failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Some terms will undoubtedly be synonyms (e.g., cancer and oncology), others will be variants on the same term (e.g., microfiltration systems and microfiltration services), and some will be related but not quite the same (e.g., stationery and letterhead). Youll need to make some tough decisions here. With synonyms, choose the term that best fits the language of your sites users. So, if theyre medical professionals, use the medical term oncology rather than the more generic term cancer. If you encounter variants or synonyms, ask yourself if they are different or part of the same general concept. For example, do microfiltration systems and microfiltration services need to be distinguished, or could they be combined under microfiltration?
– Is there a solution for identifying relevant information using structural and semantic relationships of various information elements?
– Are the appropriate metadata standards including those for encoding and transmission of metadata information established?
– If you have ten thousand documents, can you use a labeling system of ten terms to label them?
– What are the major problems Web-site users encounter that information architecture addresses?
– What is the cost of the users time spent to find the information they need?
– Should hierarchies be progressively revealed, tabbed, some combination?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
– What types of content should and should not be part of the site?
– Every information architecture is different, and should be. Why?
– Can we implement the navigation system using pull-down menus?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– Is there a requirement to use user defined tagging?
– What are the key ways users will want to navigate?
– How should items (nodes) be related (linked)?
– How to progressively expose hierarchies?
– How is search zone indexing set up?
– Who are the intended audiences?
– How to measure Web usability?
– Why not the Amazon model ?
Evernden, Roger Critical Criteria:
Confer over Evernden, Roger issues and proactively manage Evernden, Roger risks.
– What is the purpose of Enterprise Architecture in relation to the mission?
– What are current Enterprise Architecture Paradigms?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Trace Software engineering results and explore and align the progress in Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Do we all define Enterprise Architecture in the same way?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How can we improve Enterprise Architecture?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Study Software testing engagements and describe the risks of Software testing sustainability.
– Is there any existing Enterprise Architecture governance structure?
Enterprise Architecture Assessment Framework Critical Criteria:
Grasp Enterprise Architecture Assessment Framework tasks and document what potential Enterprise Architecture Assessment Framework megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Sparx Systems Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Sparx Systems tactics and probe the present value of growth of Sparx Systems.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Enterprise Architecture?
– Why is Enterprise Architecture important for you now?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Model after Software quality projects and check on ways to get started with Software quality.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Enterprise Architecture process?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Enterprise Architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Enterprise Architecture project manager?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Extreme programming management and devise Extreme programming key steps.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Enterprise Architecture values?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Architecture project?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Volkswagen AG Critical Criteria:
Discourse Volkswagen AG decisions and differentiate in coordinating Volkswagen AG.
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Decision making tasks and point out Decision making tensions in leadership.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
– How can the value of Enterprise Architecture be defined?
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge leadership and create a map for yourself.
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Data modeling results and overcome Data modeling skills and management ineffectiveness.
IDS Scheer Critical Criteria:
Infer IDS Scheer tactics and define what our big hairy audacious IDS Scheer goal is.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Architecture project?
– How do we manage Enterprise Architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Software maintenance decisions and arbitrate Software maintenance techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Enterprise Architecture Management?
Requirements Engineering Critical Criteria:
Face Requirements Engineering issues and prioritize challenges of Requirements Engineering.
– What is Effective Enterprise Architecture?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Discourse Capability Maturity Model Integration results and prioritize challenges of Capability Maturity Model Integration.
– Among the Enterprise Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we know that any Enterprise Architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Unify Risk management visions and oversee Risk management requirements.
– Organizational support in providing services: do managers provide encouragement and support for collaborative activities and what is the impact on operations, documentation, billing, and Risk Management?
– To what extent is Cybersecurity risk incorporated into organizations overarching enterprise Risk Management?
– Is there a person at your organization who assesses vulnerabilities, consequences, and threats?
– Do you adapt ITRM processes to align with business strategies and new business changes?
– What is the sensitivity (or classification) level of the Risk assessed information?
– Do we have sufficient internal security leadership to implement programs?
– Has the Risk Management Plan been significantly changed since last year?
– To what extent are you involved in IT Risk Management at your company?
– Does we have a Risk Committee at the board level or within management?
– How will investment in ITRM be distributed in the next 12 months?
– What has the company done to bolster its Cybersecurity program?
– Is there an impact to schedule performance and to what level?
– What is the purpose of the system in relation to the mission?
– Does the board have a manual and operating procedures?
– Are Cybersecurity responsibilities assigned?
– What if we already have something in place?
– Can keys be easily copied?
Real Story Group Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Real Story Group strategies and revise understanding of Real Story Group architectures.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Enterprise Architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Enterprise Architecture process available?
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Architecture stated explicitly?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Apply Software prototyping management and remodel and develop an effective Software prototyping strategy.
– How is the value delivered by Enterprise Architecture being measured?
– Is Enterprise Architecture Required?
Troux Technologies Critical Criteria:
Consider Troux Technologies decisions and find out what it really means.
– What threat is Enterprise Architecture addressing?
Enterprise Architect Critical Criteria:
Face Enterprise Architect leadership and reduce Enterprise Architect costs.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Architecture products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Architecture decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
Project portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Project portfolio management tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Project portfolio management skills.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise Architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we maintain Enterprise Architectures Integrity?
– What is project portfolio management?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Own Waterfall model failures and look in other fields.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Enterprise Architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Architecture ?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Dissect Structured analysis governance and innovate what needs to be done with Structured analysis.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Enterprise Architecture study?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Tool – Groundbreaking in digitization
http://Ad · www.leanix.net/leanIX/EAM
Enterprise Architecture Tool – leanix.net
http://Ad · www.leanix.net/leanIX/EAM
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Business application External links:
[PDF]Job Title Business Application Administrator …
[PDF]New Business Application – Texas – TxDPS
U.S. AutoForce Online Business Application
Architecture domain External links:
Global Information Network Architecture External links:
Tag Archives: Global Information Network Architecture
Global Information Network Architecture – WOW.com
Business process External links:
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
SYKES – International Business Process Outsourcing …
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Performance management External links:
Employee Performance Management Software | PerformYard
HRIS Performance Management – ltm.azdoa.gov
Employee Performance Management Solutions | Reflektive
Business transformation External links:
Office of Business Transformation
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Capital Planning & Project Management
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems External links:
ARIS (Architecture of Integrated Information Systems)
Computer science External links:
Computer Science Department at Princeton University
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
MyComputerCareer | Computer Science | IT Jobs | …
Technology change External links:
How Will New Technology Change Business? – Chase Bank
Does Technology Change The Ethics Of Marketing To …
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense – Official Site
Service Oriented Architecture External links:
[PDF]Service Oriented Architecture & Web Services – …
Systems modeling External links:
Cognitive Comparisons of Students’ Systems Modeling …
ERIC – Decisive Factors in Systems Modeling and …
Software quality assurance External links:
MA Software Quality Assurance Project Overview – VA …
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Software Quality Assurance & Testing Stack Exchange
International Institute of Business Analysis External links:
[PDF]International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA
International Institute of Business Analysis – Prometric
International Institute of Business Analysis – Official Site
Regulatory compliance External links:
Webco Environmental – Regulatory Compliance …
What is regulatory compliance? – Definition from WhatIs.com
DRC – Dental Regulatory Compliance
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
[PDF]Nederlandse NEN-ISO/IEC 15504-3
http://ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
Object model External links:
Distributed Component Object Model – technet.microsoft.com
OfficeTalk: Using the Excel Object Model to Send …
Functional specification External links:
A Functional Specification for a Programming Language …
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Information Framework External links:
BUSM Finding Information Framework – Boston University
Information model External links:
Common Information Model – Official Site
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Organizational unit External links:
In Active Directory, what is an organizational unit?
Organizational Units – technet.microsoft.com
What is ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT – Black’s Law Dictionary
Software design External links:
Web and Mobile Software Design, Development, and Support
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
Software Design and Development | Green River
Forrester Research External links:
Calabrio Named a Leader by Forrester Research, Inc.
Agile software development External links:
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Agile Scout – Agile Software Development News
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
InterContinental Hotels Group External links:
InterContinental Hotels Group
IHG Marketplace – – InterContinental Hotels Group
IHG – InterContinental Hotels Group – Home | Facebook
Software architecture External links:
Chapter 2: Key Principles of Software Architecture
Software Architecture & Design | Udacity
Rofoz B.V. | Software Architecture Consultancy & …
Enterprise Architecture Management External links:
Enterprise Architecture Management Tools |Tools For EA …
Digital workplace External links:
CompuCom | Technology Solutions for the Digital Workplace
Digital Workplace Solutions | Sensei Labs
Digital Workplace Intranet: SharePoint Based Injio
MEGA International Srl. External links:
MEGA International Srl. – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/MEGA International Srl.
MEGA International Srl. – WOW.com
Data flow External links:
[DOC]DATA FLOW DIAGRAMS: – University of Bridgeport
[DOC]Data Flow Diagram – Courses
http://courses.utep.edu/portals/870/Data Flow Diagram.doc
[PDF]Data Flow Diagram – USGS Illinois Water Science Center
Information Architecture External links:
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Information Architecture Resource Library | IA Institute
Information Architecture | The Understanding Group
Software engineering External links:
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Software Engineering Institute
Software testing External links:
Software Testing Certification Information – ASTQB …
Software Testing and Deployment | Olenick
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Enterprise Architecture Assessment Framework External links:
Enterprise Architecture Assessment Framework – …
Sparx Systems External links:
Bellekens – Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect …
Home – Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Community …
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
Software quality External links:
[PPT]Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
Pacific NW Software Quality Conference – PNSQC
Volkswagen AG External links:
Volkswagen Ag – VLKAY – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Volkswagen AG: ETR:VOW3 quotes & news – Google Finance
VLKAY : Summary for VOLKSWAGEN AG – Yahoo Finance
Decision making External links:
Essays on decision making – Welcome to RUcore
Effective Decision Making | SkillsYouNeed
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge External links:
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge – Contact
Data modeling External links:
[PDF]Course Title: Data Modeling for Business Analysts
| Peace, Love, Data Modeling
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
IDS Scheer External links:
IDS Scheer, Inc.: CEO and Executives – Bloomberg
Requirements Engineering External links:
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – nist.gov
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
irmi.com – Risk Management | Insurance Education
“Billions” Risk Management (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb
Real Story Group External links:
Real Story Group – Home | Facebook
Real Story Group – Official Site
Real Story Group in Dedham – Yahoo Local
Software prototyping External links:
Skill Pages – Software prototyping | Dice.com
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta Software
Troux Technologies External links:
Troux Technologies Reviews – CB Insights
Top 5 Troux Technologies competitors in the no sector …
Enterprise Architect External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Merlin & Company | Enterprise Architect
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Project portfolio management External links:
Project Portfolio Management Software (PPM) 2017
Service & Project Portfolio Management Platform | …
Project Portfolio Management Software | Deltek PPM
Waterfall model External links:
How is V-Model different from Waterfall model? – Quora
How to make a realistic waterfall model – YouTube
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia