What is involved in Yield Management
Find out what the related areas are that Yield Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Yield Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Yield Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Yield Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Yield Management related domains to cover and 137 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Yield Management, Legacy carriers, Hospitality industry, Dynamic programming, Production management, Customer base, People Express Airlines, The Coca-Cola Company, Real-time charging, Multifamily Executive Magazine, Software bug, Pricing power, Mathematical models, Real time policy, Capacity management, Weighted mean, Airline ticket, Variable cost, Car rental, Global economy, Communications service provider, Die Zeit, Revenue shortfall, Customer satisfaction, Dynamic packaging, Loyalty business model, General Motors, Opera house, Net profit, Electronic commerce, Marginal revenue, Market segmentation, Financial engineering, Mass production, Expected Marginal Seat Revenue, Relationship marketing, Deutsche Bahn, Revenue management, United Parcel Service, Price point, Multi-family residential, Algorithmic pricing, Length of stay, Corporate image, National Railway, Inventory control, Airline seat, Frequent flier, Last minute advertising, Supply and demand, Backstage pass, Inverse probability, Neural network, Variable pricing, Planning horizon, Control system:
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Administer Yield Management tactics and cater for concise Yield Management education.
– Does Yield Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Yield Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– In what ways are Yield Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Legacy carriers Critical Criteria:
Adapt Legacy carriers outcomes and develop and take control of the Legacy carriers initiative.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Yield Management project?
– How will you know that the Yield Management project has been successful?
– How would one define Yield Management leadership?
Hospitality industry Critical Criteria:
Merge Hospitality industry strategies and track iterative Hospitality industry results.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Yield Management is underway?
– Is maximizing Yield Management protection the same as minimizing Yield Management loss?
– Does Yield Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Confer over Dynamic programming issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Dynamic programming decisions.
– what is the best design framework for Yield Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the source of the strategies for Yield Management strengthening and reform?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Yield Management?
Production management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Production management decisions and arbitrate Production management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How can you negotiate Yield Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Yield Management forward?
Customer base Critical Criteria:
Consider Customer base engagements and report on developing an effective Customer base strategy.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Yield Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
– How well does the product fit our current customer base?
– What are the demographics of the customer base?
– How will you measure your Yield Management effectiveness?
– How much does Yield Management help?
People Express Airlines Critical Criteria:
Have a session on People Express Airlines outcomes and separate what are the business goals People Express Airlines is aiming to achieve.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Yield Management processes?
– Is Yield Management Required?
The Coca-Cola Company Critical Criteria:
Grade The Coca-Cola Company adoptions and intervene in The Coca-Cola Company processes and leadership.
– Does Yield Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Yield Management processes of our organization?
– How do we maintain Yield Managements Integrity?
Real-time charging Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Real-time charging strategies and optimize Real-time charging leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the key elements of your Yield Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Yield Management process?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Yield Management study?
Multifamily Executive Magazine Critical Criteria:
Mix Multifamily Executive Magazine risks and explore and align the progress in Multifamily Executive Magazine.
– How do we Identify specific Yield Management investment and emerging trends?
– What threat is Yield Management addressing?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Confer over Software bug outcomes and know what your objective is.
– Think about the people you identified for your Yield Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we go about Securing Yield Management?
– Are there Yield Management Models?
Pricing power Critical Criteria:
Test Pricing power projects and shift your focus.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Yield Management ?
– Who will provide the final approval of Yield Management deliverables?
– How is the value delivered by Yield Management being measured?
Mathematical models Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Mathematical models governance and sort Mathematical models activities.
– Will Yield Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Can we do Yield Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is a Yield Management Team Work effort in place?
Real time policy Critical Criteria:
Model after Real time policy goals and secure Real time policy creativity.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Yield Management moving forward?
– Does Yield Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are internal and external Yield Management relations?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Detail Capacity management governance and integrate design thinking in Capacity management innovation.
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– Which Yield Management goals are the most important?
Weighted mean Critical Criteria:
Look at Weighted mean leadership and check on ways to get started with Weighted mean.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Yield Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What vendors make products that address the Yield Management needs?
– Is there any existing Yield Management governance structure?
Airline ticket Critical Criteria:
Debate over Airline ticket outcomes and ask questions.
– How likely is the current Yield Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How can you measure Yield Management in a systematic way?
– Who needs to know about Yield Management ?
Variable cost Critical Criteria:
Deduce Variable cost tactics and look at it backwards.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Yield Management that make it risky?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Yield Management Management?
Car rental Critical Criteria:
Nurse Car rental failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Car rental.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Yield Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Yield Management process available?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Yield Management?
Global economy Critical Criteria:
Model after Global economy planning and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Global economy.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Yield Management in a volatile global economy?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Yield Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Yield Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Align Communications service provider tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Communications service provider.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Do those selected for the Yield Management team have a good general understanding of what Yield Management is all about?
Die Zeit Critical Criteria:
Map Die Zeit adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Yield Management activities?
– How to Secure Yield Management?
Revenue shortfall Critical Criteria:
Pilot Revenue shortfall tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Revenue shortfall.
– What are the disruptive Yield Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Guard Customer satisfaction planning and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Customer satisfaction.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How do we know that any Yield Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
– What is our Yield Management Strategy?
Dynamic packaging Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Dynamic packaging adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What will drive Yield Management change?
– How can the value of Yield Management be defined?
Loyalty business model Critical Criteria:
Infer Loyalty business model failures and budget for Loyalty business model challenges.
– When a Yield Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Refer to General Motors leadership and remodel and develop an effective General Motors strategy.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Yield Management effort?
Opera house Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Opera house engagements and look for lots of ideas.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Yield Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are specific Yield Management Rules to follow?
Net profit Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Net profit risks and raise human resource and employment practices for Net profit.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Yield Management?
– How can skill-level changes improve Yield Management?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Discuss Electronic commerce decisions and shift your focus.
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
– What are the long-term Yield Management goals?
Marginal revenue Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Marginal revenue tactics and explain and analyze the challenges of Marginal revenue.
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Market segmentation visions and separate what are the business goals Market segmentation is aiming to achieve.
– In the case of a Yield Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Yield Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Yield Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Yield Management been identified and analyzed?
– How to deal with Yield Management Changes?
Financial engineering Critical Criteria:
Guide Financial engineering visions and document what potential Financial engineering megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Yield Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Yield Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does Yield Management analysis show the relationships among important Yield Management factors?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Mass production tasks and improve Mass production service perception.
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue Critical Criteria:
Think about Expected Marginal Seat Revenue projects and document what potential Expected Marginal Seat Revenue megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do the Yield Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Relationship marketing Critical Criteria:
Guard Relationship marketing failures and describe the risks of Relationship marketing sustainability.
– Have all basic functions of Yield Management been defined?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
Deutsche Bahn Critical Criteria:
Investigate Deutsche Bahn results and report on the economics of relationships managing Deutsche Bahn and constraints.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Yield Management. How do we gain traction?
– Are assumptions made in Yield Management stated explicitly?
Revenue management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Revenue management management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Revenue management.
– How do we Improve Yield Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the usability implications of Yield Management actions?
United Parcel Service Critical Criteria:
Wrangle United Parcel Service decisions and gather United Parcel Service models .
– Do we have past Yield Management Successes?
– Is the scope of Yield Management defined?
Price point Critical Criteria:
Participate in Price point leadership and grade techniques for implementing Price point controls.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Yield Management activities?
Multi-family residential Critical Criteria:
Focus on Multi-family residential leadership and shift your focus.
– Do we all define Yield Management in the same way?
Algorithmic pricing Critical Criteria:
Detail Algorithmic pricing failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Algorithmic pricing.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Yield Management project manager?
Length of stay Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Length of stay tactics and find the essential reading for Length of stay researchers.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Yield Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– To what extent does management recognize Yield Management as a tool to increase the results?
Corporate image Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Corporate image failures and forecast involvement of future Corporate image projects in development.
National Railway Critical Criteria:
Substantiate National Railway outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of National Railway.
Inventory control Critical Criteria:
Analyze Inventory control tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Inventory control interface.
Airline seat Critical Criteria:
Group Airline seat leadership and shift your focus.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Yield Management opportunities costing us money?
Frequent flier Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Frequent flier adoptions and drive action.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Yield Management leader?
– Are there recognized Yield Management problems?
Last minute advertising Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Last minute advertising decisions and cater for concise Last minute advertising education.
– Does Yield Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Supply and demand Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Supply and demand visions and probe Supply and demand strategic alliances.
Backstage pass Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Backstage pass governance and look for lots of ideas.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Yield Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Inverse probability Critical Criteria:
Mine Inverse probability tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do we measure improved Yield Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Will Yield Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Neural network Critical Criteria:
Look at Neural network failures and look at it backwards.
– Do we monitor the Yield Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Variable pricing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Variable pricing projects and optimize Variable pricing leadership as a key to advancement.
– Why should we adopt a Yield Management framework?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Judge Planning horizon goals and do something to it.
Control system Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Control system strategies and find out.
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Yield Management requirements in detail?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– Think of your Yield Management project. what are the main functions?
– What is a Management Control System?
– What is your quality control system?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Yield Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Yield Management External links:
“A“4-C” Strategy for Yield Management” by Glenn Withiam
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
Hospitality industry External links:
What is the Hospitality Industry? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Dynamic programming External links:
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
[PDF]A CHILD’S GUIDE TO DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING
Production management External links:
About Our Company | Power Production Management
Power Production Management – Solar Energy for …
Production Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Customer base External links:
Customer Base | TI Automotive
People Express Airlines External links:
People Express Airlines, Inc. v. Consolidated Rail Corp.
People Express Airlines Alumni Reunion Custom Ink …
People Express Airlines, Inc. v. Consolidated Rail Corp.
The Coca-Cola Company External links:
Careers at The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company : Login
Multifamily Executive Magazine External links:
Mind Power | Multifamily Executive Magazine | …
Subscribe or Renew Multifamily Executive Magazine …
Multifamily Executive Magazine: Best Reuse of Land, …
Software bug External links:
Apple fixes software bug in iPhone 6 – Sep. 26, 2014
iPad software bug fix? | Verizon Community
Mathematical models External links:
Templates_Torus | These mathematical models were …
Mathematical Models – Math Is Fun
Real time policy External links:
Real Time Policy Services – GAPro System, Inc.
Capacity management External links:
Capacity Management – Kentucky
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Weighted mean External links:
Weighted Mean: Formula: How to Find Weighted Mean
Statistics – Find the weighted mean – YouTube
Weighted Mean – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Airline ticket External links:
Cheap Flights & Airline Tickets | KAYAK
Airline Ticket Giveaway Scam – Snopes.com
JetBlue | Flights and Airline Tickets at Discount Prices
Variable cost External links:
What is a variable cost? — AccountingTools
What is a variable cost? definition and meaning
Variable Cost Essay – 2969 Words – StudyMode
Car rental External links:
National Car Rental – Official Site
Car Rental Locations – Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Global economy External links:
Global Economy 2017: Here Are 5 Trends to Watch For – Fortune
The Global Economy in 2018 – Council on Foreign Relations
Communications service provider External links:
Lithexcel, Marketing and Communications Service Provider
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Communications Service Provider Operations
Die Zeit External links:
Für dich dreh ich die Zeit zurück (TV Movie 2017) – IMDb
wingenfelder:Wingenfelder – Wenn die Zeit kommt …
Audi Logo Evolution über die Zeit – YouTube
Customer satisfaction External links:
Why Customer Satisfaction is Important (6 Reasons)
Customer Satisfaction Surveys | Internal Revenue Service
Wawa Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Dynamic packaging External links:
Dynamic Packaging, LLC – Home | Facebook
Loyalty business model External links:
Loyalty Business Model | Global Marketing Montreal
loyalty business model | Adrian Swinscoe
General Motors External links:
General Motors – GMID.GM.com
Careers with General Motors
General Motors | Official Global Site | GM.com
Opera house External links:
Lexington Opera House – Official Site
Sydney Opera House – Official Site
Net profit External links:
Calculating Net Profit Margin – The Balance
[PDF]SCHEDULE C-EZ Net Profit From Business 2017
eBay Listing Fee and Net Profit Calculator | Salecalc.com
Electronic commerce External links:
[PDF]Navy Electronic Commerce Online
Simplix – The Electronic Commerce Solution
[PDF]Electronic Commerce Customer Guide – AT&T
Marginal revenue External links:
How to Calculate Marginal Revenue | Chron.com
Market segmentation External links:
Market Segmentation — Definition — TrackMaven
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
A Brief Description of the Different Types Market Segmentation
Financial engineering External links:
WorldQuant University | Tuition-Free Financial Engineering …
Financial Engineering, MS | NYU Tandon School of …
Mass production External links:
Mass Production – Investopedia
Mass production of biodegradable plastic — ScienceDaily
Mass production | Define Mass production at …
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue External links:
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue – TheFreeDictionary
EMSR abbreviation stands for Expected Marginal Seat Revenue
Expected marginal seat revenue – WOW.com
Relationship marketing External links:
What is relationship marketing? – Definition from …
Master Relationship Marketing
Creative Customer Relationship Marketing — FedEx
Deutsche Bahn External links:
Deutsche Bahn – discover Germany and Europe by rail!
Revenue management External links:
Revenue Management Software | YieldStar
Hospital Revenue Management System Solutions – Availity
AgYield | Farm Revenue Management
United Parcel Service External links:
United Parcel Service, Inc. – UPS – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Live United Parcel Service Flight Status FlightAware
United Parcel Service (UPS) Fleet Details and History
Price point External links:
How much does iPhone 8 cost? Price point details and more
The Best AR-15 Optics at Every Price Point – Guns & Ammo
The Best Flatirons for Every Price Point | Allure
Algorithmic pricing External links:
Algorithmic Pricing Is Creating An Arms Race On …
Length of stay External links:
Length of Stay in Assisted Housing | HUD USER
Corporate image External links:
The corporate image. (Book, 1990) [WorldCat.org]
ciainc.com – Corporate Image Apparel Inc
Corporate Image – Encyclopedia – Business Terms | Inc.com
National Railway External links:
Baltimore Chapter, National Railway Historical Society – …
Canadian National Railway Company Common Stock …
Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) Pre-Market …
Inventory control External links:
Multichannel Inventory Control Software | Ecomdash
Inventory Control Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Inventory control (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Frequent flier External links:
Best Ways to Use Frequent Flier Miles – Entrepreneur
Maximize Your Travel Points & Frequent Flier Miles
Supply and demand External links:
Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics
supply and demand Flashcards | Quizlet
Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics – Investopedia
Backstage pass External links:
FYE Backstage Pass VIP – fyevip.com
Backstage Pass Tours | Tennessee Aquarium – IMAX Movies
Backstage Pass Rewards Club – Hard Rock Lake Tahoe
Inverse probability External links:
[PDF]5 Methods Based on Inverse Probability Weighting …
2 Inverse probability of treatment weighting
Behind the Numbers: Inverse Probability Weighting | …
Neural network External links:
Neural Network Console
Training a Neural Network using WebAssembly | Juggernaut
Variable pricing External links:
2018 Season Ticket Variable Pricing | MLB.com
[PDF]Variable Pricing Case Study – expocad.com
http://www.expocad.com/pdfs/LSR Variable Pricing Case Study.pdf
Variable pricing may be a new theme at Disneyland
Planning horizon External links:
[PDF]PLANNING HORIZON 2030 – Lake County, Florida …
Planning horizon financial definition of Planning horizon
Financial Planning Horizon | Social Security Choices
Control system External links:
Security Management Access Control System