What is involved in Digitalization
Find out what the related areas are that Digitalization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Digitalization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Digitalization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digitalization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digitalization related domains to cover and 123 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digitalization, Book scanning, Brittle Books Program, 3D scanner, Digital audio, Photographic slide, Google Book Search, Graphics tablet, International Organization for Standardization, Optical Character Recognition, Digital television, Internet Archive, Digitalization, Beyond Good & Evil, National Library of Australia, Cambridge Digital Library, Digital Library of Georgia, Economics of Digitization, Frame grabber, 3D modeling, Motor vehicle, Digital data, Library of Congress, Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, NC ECHO, Digital preservation, Digital libraries, Digital camera, Raster to vector, Binary number, Home movies, Raster image, Pixels per inch, Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica, CAT scan, Graphics pipeline, Electronic map, Geographic information system, Internet Movie Database, Newspaper digitization, Group representation, Sampling rate, Binary code, Image scanner, Digital reformatting, Gurmukhī alphabet, Analog signal, Image resolution, Analog to digital converter, Digital Library, Digital wire, International Dunhuang Project, American Memory, Digital transformation:
Digitalization Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Digitalization engagements and correct better engagement with Digitalization results.
– When a Digitalization manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Digitalization requirements in detail?
– Which Digitalization goals are the most important?
Book scanning Critical Criteria:
Define Book scanning results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Book scanning because they lack skills.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Digitalization, including any consulting or professional services?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Digitalization that make it risky?
Brittle Books Program Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Brittle Books Program failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Brittle Books Program.
– Do those selected for the Digitalization team have a good general understanding of what Digitalization is all about?
– What about Digitalization Analysis of results?
– Is Digitalization Required?
3D scanner Critical Criteria:
Sort 3D scanner projects and customize techniques for implementing 3D scanner controls.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Digitalization project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Digitalization project lifecycle?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Digitalization ?
– Are there recognized Digitalization problems?
Digital audio Critical Criteria:
Steer Digital audio results and be persistent.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Digitalization with what users do day-to-day?
– Are there Digitalization problems defined?
– Is the scope of Digitalization defined?
Photographic slide Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Photographic slide visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Photographic slide information.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Digitalization does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Digitalization activities?
– What are our Digitalization Processes?
Google Book Search Critical Criteria:
Investigate Google Book Search planning and correct better engagement with Google Book Search results.
– Think about the functions involved in your Digitalization project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is Digitalization Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Graphics tablet Critical Criteria:
Rank Graphics tablet tactics and know what your objective is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Digitalization process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Digitalization process available?
– What are the barriers to increased Digitalization production?
– Who sets the Digitalization standards?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Incorporate International Organization for Standardization projects and budget for International Organization for Standardization challenges.
– what is the best design framework for Digitalization organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is there a Digitalization Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Does the Digitalization task fit the clients priorities?
Optical Character Recognition Critical Criteria:
Investigate Optical Character Recognition failures and achieve a single Optical Character Recognition view and bringing data together.
– What are the usability implications of Digitalization actions?
Digital television Critical Criteria:
Talk about Digital television quality and finalize the present value of growth of Digital television.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Digitalization moving forward?
– Think of your Digitalization project. what are the main functions?
Internet Archive Critical Criteria:
Probe Internet Archive engagements and oversee Internet Archive management by competencies.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Digitalization agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Digitalization objectives?
Digitalization Critical Criteria:
Analyze Digitalization tasks and sort Digitalization activities.
– Does Digitalization create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Digitalization?
– Do we have past Digitalization Successes?
Beyond Good & Evil Critical Criteria:
Reason over Beyond Good & Evil decisions and finalize specific methods for Beyond Good & Evil acceptance.
– Think about the people you identified for your Digitalization project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Digitalization experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Digitalization process?
National Library of Australia Critical Criteria:
Understand National Library of Australia failures and look in other fields.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Digitalization project?
– What business benefits will Digitalization goals deliver if achieved?
Cambridge Digital Library Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Cambridge Digital Library governance and acquire concise Cambridge Digital Library education.
– Can we add value to the current Digitalization decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Why should we adopt a Digitalization framework?
Digital Library of Georgia Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Digital Library of Georgia visions and arbitrate Digital Library of Georgia techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the business goals Digitalization is aiming to achieve?
– How can skill-level changes improve Digitalization?
– How do we go about Securing Digitalization?
Economics of Digitization Critical Criteria:
Group Economics of Digitization visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Economics of Digitization.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Digitalization values?
– What is the purpose of Digitalization in relation to the mission?
Frame grabber Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Frame grabber tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Frame grabber.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Digitalization is underway?
– How can you negotiate Digitalization successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– In a project to restructure Digitalization outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
3D modeling Critical Criteria:
Start 3D modeling tasks and do something to it.
– What vendors make products that address the Digitalization needs?
– Is there any existing Digitalization governance structure?
– Why are Digitalization skills important?
Motor vehicle Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Motor vehicle failures and acquire concise Motor vehicle education.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Digitalization delivery for example is new software needed?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Digitalization leader?
– Can we do Digitalization without complex (expensive) analysis?
Digital data Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Digital data governance and explore and align the progress in Digital data.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Digitalization? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Digitalization processes of our organization?
– Which digital and non-digital data will be stored or archived after the project?
– How will non-digital data be preserved, such as field notebooks and maps?
– How should digital data be preserved?
– What are current Digitalization Paradigms?
Library of Congress Critical Criteria:
Participate in Library of Congress failures and define what our big hairy audacious Library of Congress goal is.
– How to deal with Digitalization Changes?
Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future Critical Criteria:
Systematize Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future risks and forecast involvement of future Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future projects in development.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Digitalization information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Digitalization effort?
NC ECHO Critical Criteria:
Look at NC ECHO failures and correct NC ECHO management by competencies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Digitalization models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Digitalization process?
– How is the value delivered by Digitalization being measured?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Audit Digital preservation tasks and pioneer acquisition of Digital preservation systems.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Digitalization?
– Do we all define Digitalization in the same way?
Digital libraries Critical Criteria:
Confer over Digital libraries leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Digital libraries results.
– For your Digitalization project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Digitalization products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Digital camera Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Digital camera strategies and ask what if.
– Will Digitalization have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Do we monitor the Digitalization decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Raster to vector Critical Criteria:
Add value to Raster to vector leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Raster to vector.
– Is Supporting Digitalization documentation required?
Binary number Critical Criteria:
Review Binary number outcomes and secure Binary number creativity.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Digitalization project manager?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Digitalization Management?
Home movies Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Home movies issues and finalize the present value of growth of Home movies.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Digitalization is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Raster image Critical Criteria:
Start Raster image leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple Raster image skills.
– Consider your own Digitalization project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are internal and external Digitalization relations?
Pixels per inch Critical Criteria:
Grasp Pixels per inch outcomes and spearhead techniques for implementing Pixels per inch.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Digitalization processes?
– Have all basic functions of Digitalization been defined?
– What will drive Digitalization change?
Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica Critical Criteria:
Generalize Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– Who needs to know about Digitalization ?
CAT scan Critical Criteria:
Be clear about CAT scan failures and get answers.
– Do the Digitalization decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How much does Digitalization help?
Graphics pipeline Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Graphics pipeline quality and define Graphics pipeline competency-based leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Digitalization product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Electronic map Critical Criteria:
Learn from Electronic map visions and grade techniques for implementing Electronic map controls.
– Is maximizing Digitalization protection the same as minimizing Digitalization loss?
– How will you know that the Digitalization project has been successful?
– How can the value of Digitalization be defined?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Consider Geographic information system results and perfect Geographic information system conflict management.
– Does Digitalization analysis show the relationships among important Digitalization factors?
Internet Movie Database Critical Criteria:
Debate over Internet Movie Database outcomes and devise Internet Movie Database key steps.
– What is the source of the strategies for Digitalization strengthening and reform?
Newspaper digitization Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Newspaper digitization governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Newspaper digitization.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Digitalization services/products?
– Among the Digitalization product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are assumptions made in Digitalization stated explicitly?
Group representation Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Group representation visions and get answers.
Sampling rate Critical Criteria:
Shape Sampling rate outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Sampling rate information.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Digitalization in a volatile global economy?
– How do we go about Comparing Digitalization approaches/solutions?
Binary code Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Binary code leadership and intervene in Binary code processes and leadership.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Digitalization objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is Digitalization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have you identified your Digitalization key performance indicators?
Image scanner Critical Criteria:
Examine Image scanner issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Image scanner.
Digital reformatting Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Digital reformatting strategies and work towards be a leading Digital reformatting expert.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Digitalization been identified and analyzed?
Gurmukhī alphabet Critical Criteria:
Examine Gurmukhī alphabet governance and transcribe Gurmukhī alphabet as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can we improve Digitalization?
Analog signal Critical Criteria:
Participate in Analog signal projects and acquire concise Analog signal education.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Digitalization goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Image resolution Critical Criteria:
Check Image resolution governance and remodel and develop an effective Image resolution strategy.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Digitalization project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Digitalization. How do we gain traction?
Analog to digital converter Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Analog to digital converter strategies and remodel and develop an effective Analog to digital converter strategy.
Digital Library Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Digital Library projects and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Digital Library.
– How do we measure improved Digitalization service perception, and satisfaction?
Digital wire Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Digital wire strategies and explore and align the progress in Digital wire.
International Dunhuang Project Critical Criteria:
Learn from International Dunhuang Project leadership and probe the present value of growth of International Dunhuang Project.
– Are accountability and ownership for Digitalization clearly defined?
American Memory Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on American Memory tactics and balance specific methods for improving American Memory results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Digitalization processes?
Digital transformation Critical Criteria:
Examine Digital transformation visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What is our formula for success in Digitalization ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digitalization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Book scanning External links:
Blue Leaf Book Scanning Service | Low Cost Book Scanning
book scanning – Staples®
Brittle Books Program External links:
Brittle Books Program – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Brittle Books Program&item_type=topic
brittle books program Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
http://photobucket.com/images/brittle books program
Brittle Books Program – WOW.com
3D scanner External links:
Support | iSense 3D Scanner | Tutorials | 3D Systems
CowTech Ciclop 3D Scanner|Most affordable laser …
Best 3D Scanner 2018 – All3DP
Digital audio External links:
Buy Tascam DR-05 Portable Handheld Digital Audio Recorder (Black) features Lightweight and Compact, WAV and MP3 Recording. Review Tascam Portable Digital …
Photographic slide External links:
STOP! – GE/SRM Photographic Slide Show on Vimeo
Photographic Slide Videos and B-Roll Footage | Getty Images
Google Book Search External links:
“Google Book Search, Transformative Use, and …
Google Book Search Program – Dog Ear Publishing
How Google Book Search Got Lost | WIRED
Graphics tablet External links:
graphics tablet – Everything2.com
Drawing Pad for Computer | Digital Graphics Tablet
Buy Huion H610PRO Painting Drawing Pen Graphics Tablet: Graphics Tablets – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
International Organization for Standardization External links:
MDMC – International Organization for Standardization …
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Optical Character Recognition External links:
Document Management | Optical Character Recognition | …
Digital television External links:
PBS Digital Television | PBS
Digital Television | Suddenlink Communications
[PDF]Antennas and Digital Television
Internet Archive External links:
Internet Archive – Official Site
Internet Archive (@internetarchive) | Twitter
Internet Archive Store | Everything for the archivist in you
National Library of Australia External links:
National Library of Australia — Australia
National Library of Australia | Flickr
National Library of Australia. (Book, 1968) [WorldCat.org]
Cambridge Digital Library External links:
Cambridge Digital Library on Sketchfab – Sketchfab
Digital Library of Georgia External links:
Digital Library of Georgia – University System of Georgia
Digital Library of Georgia | UGA Libraries
Digital Library of Georgia – Home | Facebook
Economics of Digitization External links:
The economics of digitization (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
The Economics of Digitization – e-elgar.com
Economics of Digitization
Frame grabber External links:
Frame Grabber Selector Table – i-cubeinc.com
Frame Grabber – salesmastery.solutions
Frame Grabber – Epiphan Video
3D modeling External links:
3D Modeling – SCECpedia
NCLab: Karel Coding, Python Coding, 3D Modeling, and …
3D modeling – VDrift
Motor vehicle External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Motor Vehicle | Department of Finance and Administration
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission – Official Site
Digital data External links:
ADDS – Aviation Digital Data Service
Digital Data loggers DDL for VFC – Traceable Products®
Larimer County GIS Digital Data | Larimer County
Library of Congress External links:
Home | Library of Congress
Classification Web – Library of Congress
Library of Congress – Official Site
NC ECHO External links:
NC Echo | Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
Concord, NC Echo Cost Comparison | …
Digital preservation External links:
NDSR – Digital Preservation (Library of Congress)
Digital Preservation & Curation Officer | ASU Library
Digital Preservation | Kent State University
Digital libraries External links:
Great Lakes Digital Libraries – OverDrive
Digital Libraries – Rockaway Township Free Public Library
Pioneer – Digital Media Collections & Digital Libraries
Digital camera External links:
Amazon.com : Nikon COOLPIX P900 Digital Camera with 83x Optical Zoom and Built-In Wi-Fi(Black) : Camera & Photo
Best Digital Camera Reviews – Consumer Reports
Buy Sony Alpha a7R III Mirrorless Digital Camera (A7R III Body ) features 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor, BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI.
Raster to vector External links:
Free Online Raster to Vector Converter
MagicTracer raster to vector converter software ideal for design involving any type of printing or modeling. Ideal for design, prepress, print, CAD/CAM, and 3D
Raster to Vector Download – Softpedia
Binary number External links:
binary number system | Definition & Facts | Britannica.com
[PDF]Chapter 1 The Binary Number System
What is Binary Number System? – Definition from Techopedia
Home movies External links:
Rock Hudson’s Home Movies (1992) – IMDb
Watch Home Movies Episodes and Clips for Free from Adult Swim
Home Movies (TV Series 1999–2004) – IMDb
Raster image External links:
Display array as raster image in python – Stack Overflow
[PDF]Setting the Spatial Reference for Raster Image Data – …
What is a Raster Image? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Pixels per inch External links:
PPI (Pixels Per Inch) Definition | Investopedia
72 pixels per inch? | Adobe Community
PPI (pixels per inch) = diagonal resolution in pixels / diagonal size in inches (this is the number advertised as the size of the display)
Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica External links:
Rare Bites: Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica …
Philosophiæ naturalis principia mathematica By Sir Isaac Newton, Thomas Leseur, François Jacquier
Newton Papers : Philosophiæ naturalis principia mathematica
CAT scan External links:
MRI vs CAT Scan, what’s the difference? – ShareFile
Prostate Cancer CAT Scan – WebMD
CT Scan (CAT Scan): How Do They Work? – Medical News To…
Graphics pipeline External links:
WebGL Graphics Pipeline – tutorialspoint.com
Game Graphics Pipeline Explained by Tom Petersen of nVidia
Electronic map External links:
e-WALL : PSU ELECTRONIC MAP WALL
Garmin emap AM Portable Electronic Map GPS Tested Item has been tested and is in great working order but does have some cosmetic wear signs/scratches as shown.
e-WALL : PSU ELECTRONIC MAP WALL
Geographic information system External links:
DHEC: Geographic Information System (GIS) Applications
Geographic Information System
COT – Geographic Information System (GIS)
Internet Movie Database External links:
Internet Movie Database (IMDb) | UC Merced Library
Internet Movie Database • r/imdb – reddit
The Internet Movie Database – What is IMDB?
Newspaper digitization External links:
[PDF]Title: Next steps in newspaper digitization: making …
Veridian newspaper digitization services, digital collections
Group representation External links:
Group representation before Congress, by Pendleton …
Group representation theory. (Book, 1971) [WorldCat.org]
Sampling rate External links:
Sampling Rate in PQ Recorders – Power Monitors, Inc
Audio Sampling Rate Demo – YouTube
Decimation — decrease sampling rate – MATLAB decimate
Binary code External links:
Binary Code by Rick Lax Instant Download – Penguin Magic
Binary Alphabet: The Binary Alphabet in Binary code
Chapter 2: Binary Code Flashcards | Quizlet
Image scanner External links:
FUJITSU Image Scanner – Fujitsu Global
Image scanner.pdf | Image Scanner | Data Compression
Image scanner – Crosfield Electronics Ltd.
Digital reformatting External links:
[PDF]Selection Criteria for Digital Reformatting
Analog to Digital Reformatting | Rutgers University Libraries
Analog signal External links:
ASG | Kele Handheld Portable Analog Signal Generator | Kele
Analog Signal Chain and Power Management Products | TI.com
Absolute Process Instruments – Analog Signal …
Image resolution External links:
Image resolution, file size, picture size and jpg compression
Image resolution, file size, picture size and jpg …
Image Resolution – FREE download Image Resolution
Analog to digital converter External links:
Raspberry Pi ADC: MCP3008 Analog to Digital Converter
Analog to Digital Converter Reviews | Analog Planet
Digital Library External links:
NCLC Digital Library
Navy Digital Library
AHEC Digital Library
Digital wire External links:
Shop Extech FLIR Digital Wire Tracer at Lowes.com
Shop Extech Digital Wire Tracer Meter at Lowes.com
Digital Wire LLC – Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Facebook
International Dunhuang Project External links:
Idp.bl.uk: Welcome to the International Dunhuang Project
The International Dunhuang Project: The Silk Road …
International Dunhuang Project – Roy Rosenzweig Center …
American Memory External links:
American Memory of the 1950s Housewife – Stereotypes
American Memory from the Library of Congress – Home Page
Digital transformation External links:
Dialexa – Digital Transformation Strategy
Discover Dell Technologies – Embrace Digital Transformation
http://Ad · www.delltechnologies.com/Official/Site
Discover Dell Technologies – Embrace Digital Transformation
http://Ad · www.delltechnologies.com/Official/Site