What is involved in SAP PM
Find out what the related areas are that SAP PM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP PM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP PM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP PM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP PM related domains to cover and 114 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP PM, SAP ERP, Adaxa Suite, Apache OFBiz, Corporate services, Dynamics 365, ERP software, Eclipse ERP, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, GNU Enterprise, Human Capital Management, JD Edwards, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Oracle Applications, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Tally Solutions, Travel management, User interface:
SAP PM Critical Criteria:
Accelerate SAP PM tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective SAP PM leader?
– How do we measure improved SAP PM service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who will provide the final approval of SAP PM deliverables?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Graph SAP ERP management and document what potential SAP ERP megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Are accountability and ownership for SAP PM clearly defined?
– How will you measure your SAP PM effectiveness?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Adaxa Suite Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Adaxa Suite strategies and secure Adaxa Suite creativity.
– In the case of a SAP PM project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a SAP PM project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any SAP PM project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving SAP PM forward?
– Is the scope of SAP PM defined?
Apache OFBiz Critical Criteria:
Align Apache OFBiz engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Apache OFBiz relationship management.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once SAP PM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– To what extent does management recognize SAP PM as a tool to increase the results?
– Why should we adopt a SAP PM framework?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
X-ray Corporate services decisions and display thorough understanding of the Corporate services process.
– In a project to restructure SAP PM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Think of your SAP PM project. what are the main functions?
– How do we maintain SAP PMs Integrity?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Chart Dynamics 365 tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Dynamics 365.
– What are the disruptive SAP PM technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do those selected for the SAP PM team have a good general understanding of what SAP PM is all about?
– How much does SAP PM help?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Drive ERP software issues and raise human resource and employment practices for ERP software.
– Think about the functions involved in your SAP PM project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– Is there any existing SAP PM governance structure?
Eclipse ERP Critical Criteria:
Examine Eclipse ERP tactics and point out improvements in Eclipse ERP.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SAP PM process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as SAP PM leaders?
– Who sets the SAP PM standards?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Enterprise resource planning tasks and differentiate in coordinating Enterprise resource planning.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SAP PM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SAP PM process available?
– What are our needs in relation to SAP PM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its SAP PM processes?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Environment, health and safety goals and look in other fields.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good SAP PM project manager?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of SAP PM moving forward?
– How is the value delivered by SAP PM being measured?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Use past Financial accounting planning and assess and formulate effective operational and Financial accounting strategies.
– Can we add value to the current SAP PM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to SAP PM?
– Have all basic functions of SAP PM been defined?
GNU Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over GNU Enterprise projects and explore and align the progress in GNU Enterprise.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SAP PM processes?
– Do the SAP PM decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is SAP PM dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Human Capital Management leadership and create Human Capital Management explanations for all managers.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– What are our SAP PM Processes?
– How to Secure SAP PM?
JD Edwards Critical Criteria:
Adapt JD Edwards failures and ask questions.
– Does SAP PM create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Jump start Management accounting quality and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do we keep improving SAP PM?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Materials management planning and mentor Materials management customer orientation.
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Middle ware visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Middle ware projects.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in SAP PM?
– What are the long-term SAP PM goals?
Oracle Applications Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Oracle Applications strategies and transcribe Oracle Applications as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the SAP PM process?
– Can we do SAP PM without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Which Oracle applications are used in your project?
– How do we go about Securing SAP PM?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Categorize Out of the box results and ask what if.
– For your SAP PM project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does our organization need more SAP PM education?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Design Production planning projects and balance specific methods for improving Production planning results.
– How will you know that the SAP PM project has been successful?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Quality management adoptions and customize techniques for implementing Quality management controls.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with SAP PM ?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of SAP PM activities?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– Which SAP PM goals are the most important?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Consult on Rate of return goals and report on the economics of relationships managing Rate of return and constraints.
– what is the best design framework for SAP PM organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
– Are there recognized SAP PM problems?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Real estate visions and look at it backwards.
– Does SAP PM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Return on investment projects and look at the big picture.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on SAP NetWeaver risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive SAP NetWeaver decisions.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to SAP PM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Powwow over SAP R/2 management and plan concise SAP R/2 education.
– Are we Assessing SAP PM and Risk?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Face SAP R/3 visions and intervene in SAP R/3 processes and leadership.
– Does SAP PM systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Why is SAP PM important for you now?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about SAP S/4HANA quality and ask questions.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your SAP PM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do SAP PM rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Consider SAP SE tactics and know what your objective is.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a SAP PM project?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Consider SAP Web Application Server governance and describe the risks of SAP Web Application Server sustainability.
– What threat is SAP PM addressing?
– What is our SAP PM Strategy?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Secure Network Communications visions and mentor Secure Network Communications customer orientation.
– When a SAP PM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Have the types of risks that may impact SAP PM been identified and analyzed?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Participate in Secure Socket Layer risks and develop and take control of the Secure Socket Layer initiative.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of SAP PM?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Use past Service-oriented architecture engagements and oversee Service-oriented architecture management by competencies.
– Is the SAP PM organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic SAP PM objectives?
– Is maximizing SAP PM protection the same as minimizing SAP PM loss?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Review Software categories projects and innovate what needs to be done with Software categories.
– Are there SAP PM problems defined?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Software developer issues and customize techniques for implementing Software developer controls.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding SAP PM?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How can you measure SAP PM in a systematic way?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Switching barriers issues and remodel and develop an effective Switching barriers strategy.
– What are our best practices for minimizing SAP PM project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the SAP PM project lifecycle?
– What are current SAP PM Paradigms?
Tally Solutions Critical Criteria:
X-ray Tally Solutions governance and be persistent.
– What is the source of the strategies for SAP PM strengthening and reform?
– What vendors make products that address the SAP PM needs?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Survey Travel management decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Travel management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of SAP PM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is SAP PM Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Mine User interface management and describe the risks of User interface sustainability.
– In what ways are SAP PM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of SAP PM that make it risky?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– How would one define SAP PM leadership?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP PM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP PM External links:
sap pm jobs | Dice.com
SAP PM – Technical Objects – tutorialspoint.com
SAP PM – Maintenance Planning – tutorialspoint.com
SAP ERP External links:
What is SAP? Definition of SAP ERP Software – Guru99
SAP ERP Software System | Reviews, Free Demo & Pricing
Adaxa Suite External links:
Apache OFBiz External links:
Apache OFBiz – Home | Facebook
Transfering Inventory items in Apache OFBiz – YouTube
The Apache OFBiz® Project
Corporate services External links:
People – Title : Corporate Services
Penn Behavioral Health Corporate Services
Dynamics 365 External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online and on-premises) …
Microsoft Dynamics 365 pricing
Dynamics 365 training offerings | Microsoft Docs
ERP software External links:
BUSINESS™ ERP Software – Accounting, CRM, HR, …
ERP software solutions built on Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Eclipse ERP External links:
20 Best Eclipse Erp jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Enterprise resource planning External links:
[PDF]Enterprise Resource Planning Project …
Enterprise Resource Planning
[PDF]DOD’S ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING (ERP) …
Environment, health and safety External links:
Environment, Health and Safety | Bloomberg BNA
Financial accounting External links:
KRS CPAS | Financial Accounting Services | Paramus, NJ
Financial Accounting quiz’s Flashcards | Quizlet
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
GNU Enterprise External links:
GNU Enterprise – Home | Facebook
GNU Enterprise Forms – Freecode
GNU Enterprise – GNU Project – Free Software Foundation
Human Capital Management External links:
OMES: Human Capital Management (HCM) – Home Page
Human Capital Management
What is Human Capital Management? | Paychex
JD Edwards External links:
CDI Technology | Payments & e-Commerce for JD Edwards …
JD Edwards – Alamo Group
Management accounting External links:
CHAPTER 1: Management Accounting Defined, …
Rental Property Management Accounting Software | …
Management Accounting Careers | Accounting.com
Materials management External links:
Materials management (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Materials Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Materials Management Made Easy – procurify.com
http://Ad · www.procurify.com/materials/management
Oracle Applications External links:
Links to Oracle Applications by Business Unit
RIT Oracle Applications
MemberSuite – Login to Oracle Applications Users Group
Out of the box External links:
Out of the Box (TV Series 1998–2004) – IMDb
Out of the box on Vimeo
Accounting Technology Solutions | Out Of The Box Technology
Production planning External links:
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
[PDF]SAP Production Planning Table – PBworks – Паня’s …
Quality management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate of Return Calculator | IRR & NPV Calculator
Real estate External links:
Definition of Abstract of Title in Real Estate
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
http://arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Return on investment External links:
My Return on Investment – Capella University
Return on Investment (ROI) – Formula and Calculator
How To Calculate A Return On Investment – Business Insider
SAP R/2 External links:
SAP R/2 – revolvy.com
SAP R/3 External links:
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
What is IMG settings in SAP R/3? | SAP Software
SAP Authorization System: Design and Implementation of Authorization concepts for SAP R/3 and SAP Enterprise Portal [IBM Business Consulting Services] on …
SAP S/4HANA External links:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud trial page
SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – sap.com
http://Ad · www.sap.com/s4hana/cloud
Start your SAP S/4HANA experience now with a free, 14-day trial. SAP S/4HANA is the next generation business suite designed to help you run simple in the digital economy.
http://SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – sap.com
SAP SE External links:
SAP – SAP SE Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
SAP: SAP SE – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
SAP Stock Quote – SAP SE ADS Price – Nasdaq
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Socket Layer External links:
What is SECURE SOCKET LAYER (SSL)? definition of …
Simple Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/TLS Encryption | Cloudflare
SSL Security, Secure Socket Layer | Entrust
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
Software developer External links:
Devpost | Software developer jobs, internships, and …
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers in the Four-Stage Loyalty Model – …
Tally Solutions External links:
Tally Solutions – Official Site
Videos of GST Events | Tally Solutions
Tally Solutions – Home | Facebook
Travel management External links:
Travel Management Company | Cain Travel
Direct Travel | Top Corporate Travel Management Company
Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO)
User interface External links:
What is User Interface (UI)? Webopedia Definition
Datatel User Interface 5.3
User interface design – ScienceDaily