What is involved in Enterprise Unified Process
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Unified Process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Unified Process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Unified Process related domains to cover and 271 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Unified Process, Configuration and Change Management, Enterprise Unified Process, Strategic Reuse, Trygve Reenskaug, Software Process Improvement, Software quality assurance, Object-oriented programming, Computer science, People Management, Software configuration management, Systems modeling, Analysis and Design, Peri Tarr, Waterfall model, Software architecture, Data modeling, Environment discipline, Computer engineering, Enterprise Administration, Information model, Software maintenance, Iterative and incremental development, Niklaus Wirth, Danese Cooper, Systems engineering, Software quality, Rational Unified Process, Software engineering, Disciplined Agile Delivery, Programming paradigm, Executable UML, View model, Requirements engineering, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Service-oriented architecture, Enterprise architecture, Structured analysis, Ivar Jacobson, Systems development life cycle, Formal methods, Investment management, Risk management, Incremental build model, Entity–relationship model, Functional specification, Business process modeling, Software archaeology, Software verification and validation, Aspect-oriented software development, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Object model, Enterprise Business Modeling, Bertrand Meyer, Watts Humphrey, Software design, Software development process, Software testing, Unified Process, Project Management, Agile software development, Spiral model, Software deployment, Operations and Support, Software prototyping, Rapid application development, Computer programming:
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Confer over Enterprise Unified Process failures and create a map for yourself.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Enterprise Unified Process forward?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Enterprise Unified Process activities?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Unified Process ?
Configuration and Change Management Critical Criteria:
Dissect Configuration and Change Management issues and oversee implementation of Configuration and Change Management.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Enterprise Unified Process opportunities costing us money?
– How do we Lead with Enterprise Unified Process in Mind?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Enterprise Unified Process failures and learn.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Unified Process moving forward?
– How do we know that any Enterprise Unified Process analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the short and long-term Enterprise Unified Process goals?
Strategic Reuse Critical Criteria:
Grade Strategic Reuse engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Strategic Reuse projects.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Enterprise Unified Process move?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Consult on Trygve Reenskaug adoptions and question.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Unified Process workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Can we add value to the current Enterprise Unified Process decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Unified Process project?
Software Process Improvement Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Software Process Improvement engagements and look at it backwards.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Enterprise Unified Process, including any consulting or professional services?
– Can we do Enterprise Unified Process without complex (expensive) analysis?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Software quality assurance failures and tour deciding if Software quality assurance progress is made.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Enterprise Unified Process processes?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Unified Process goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Unified Process stated explicitly?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Investigate Object-oriented programming visions and innovate what needs to be done with Object-oriented programming.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Enterprise Unified Process is underway?
– Is Enterprise Unified Process Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Why are Enterprise Unified Process skills important?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Computer science leadership and develop and take control of the Computer science initiative.
– Think about the functions involved in your Enterprise Unified Process project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is our formula for success in Enterprise Unified Process ?
People Management Critical Criteria:
Experiment with People Management engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of People Management.
– How do we Identify specific Enterprise Unified Process investment and emerging trends?
– Do we have past Enterprise Unified Process Successes?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Software configuration management planning and mentor Software configuration management customer orientation.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Enterprise Unified Process agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
– What is Effective Enterprise Unified Process?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Participate in Systems modeling quality and oversee implementation of Systems modeling.
– For your Enterprise Unified Process project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will provide the final approval of Enterprise Unified Process deliverables?
Analysis and Design Critical Criteria:
Check Analysis and Design outcomes and get answers.
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– Consider your own Enterprise Unified Process project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– what is the best design framework for Enterprise Unified Process organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: who is it?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Drive Peri Tarr issues and learn.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Enterprise Unified Process does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Investigate Waterfall model outcomes and gather practices for scaling Waterfall model.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Enterprise Unified Process process?
– Are there Enterprise Unified Process Models?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Chat re Software architecture tactics and explore and align the progress in Software architecture.
– Do Enterprise Unified Process rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Who sets the Enterprise Unified Process standards?
– Is a Enterprise Unified Process Team Work effort in place?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Apply Data modeling management and create a map for yourself.
– How can you negotiate Enterprise Unified Process successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the barriers to increased Enterprise Unified Process production?
– How do we go about Comparing Enterprise Unified Process approaches/solutions?
Environment discipline Critical Criteria:
Adapt Environment discipline engagements and slay a dragon.
– Which customers cant participate in our Enterprise Unified Process domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do we all define Enterprise Unified Process in the same way?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Computer engineering outcomes and revise understanding of Computer engineering architectures.
– Does Enterprise Unified Process include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– When a Enterprise Unified Process manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Enterprise Unified Process dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Enterprise Administration Critical Criteria:
Add value to Enterprise Administration adoptions and find the essential reading for Enterprise Administration researchers.
– What is the source of the strategies for Enterprise Unified Process strengthening and reform?
– How do we measure improved Enterprise Unified Process service perception, and satisfaction?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Boost Information model engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Information model projects.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Software maintenance engagements and optimize Software maintenance leadership as a key to advancement.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Unified Process and Risk?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Consider Iterative and incremental development failures and achieve a single Iterative and incremental development view and bringing data together.
– What are the key elements of your Enterprise Unified Process performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Will Enterprise Unified Process deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does Enterprise Unified Process appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Niklaus Wirth planning and perfect Niklaus Wirth conflict management.
– Does Enterprise Unified Process analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How will you know that the Enterprise Unified Process project has been successful?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Test Danese Cooper issues and give examples utilizing a core of simple Danese Cooper skills.
– Is the Enterprise Unified Process organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we Improve Enterprise Unified Process service perception, and satisfaction?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Systems engineering issues and innovate what needs to be done with Systems engineering.
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– Standards, goals, and appropriate processes been established?
– How will the system be developed, operated, and maintained?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– Is there a commitment from the top down?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How does it all fit together?
– Why use systems engineering?
– What option is best?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Apply Software quality risks and work towards be a leading Software quality expert.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Enterprise Unified Process project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Enterprise Unified Process project lifecycle?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Enterprise Unified Process?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– What threat is Enterprise Unified Process addressing?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Rational Unified Process planning and innovate what needs to be done with Rational Unified Process.
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise Unified Process skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Software engineering planning and explain and analyze the challenges of Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Enterprise Unified Process requirements in detail?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Disciplined Agile Delivery Critical Criteria:
Trace Disciplined Agile Delivery tactics and intervene in Disciplined Agile Delivery processes and leadership.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Enterprise Unified Process information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Unified Process services/products?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Unified Process as a tool to increase the results?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
Review Programming paradigm projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Programming paradigm because they lack skills.
– Have you identified your Enterprise Unified Process key performance indicators?
– Does the Enterprise Unified Process task fit the clients priorities?
– How to Secure Enterprise Unified Process?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Coach on Executable UML failures and ask questions.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Enterprise Unified Process project manager?
– What is the purpose of Enterprise Unified Process in relation to the mission?
View model Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on View model results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential View model information.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Enterprise Unified Process?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Enterprise Unified Process leader?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Judge Requirements engineering quality and attract Requirements engineering skills.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Enterprise Unified Process objectives?
– Which Enterprise Unified Process goals are the most important?
– Have all basic functions of Enterprise Unified Process been defined?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Investigate Edsger W. Dijkstra risks and find the essential reading for Edsger W. Dijkstra researchers.
– In the case of a Enterprise Unified Process project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Enterprise Unified Process project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Enterprise Unified Process project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Analyze Service-oriented architecture strategies and devote time assessing Service-oriented architecture and its risk.
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise Unified Process?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Participate in Enterprise architecture adoptions and separate what are the business goals Enterprise architecture is aiming to achieve.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Explore Structured analysis planning and finalize the present value of growth of Structured analysis.
– How do we manage Enterprise Unified Process Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are there Enterprise Unified Process problems defined?
– How to deal with Enterprise Unified Process Changes?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Ivar Jacobson leadership and display thorough understanding of the Ivar Jacobson process.
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
See the value of Systems development life cycle visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– What will drive Enterprise Unified Process change?
– What about Enterprise Unified Process Analysis of results?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Formal methods governance and gather Formal methods models .
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Enterprise Unified Process. How do we gain traction?
Investment management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Investment management risks and customize techniques for implementing Investment management controls.
– What are specific Enterprise Unified Process Rules to follow?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Examine Risk management strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Risk management results.
– Have senior managers been apprised of Risk Management and control deficiencies affecting their units (e.g., circumstances where assets with a specified monetary value are not adequately protected, where the competence of employees is lacking, or where important financial reconciliations are not performed correctly)?
– Is a technical solution for data loss prevention -i.e., systems designed to automatically monitor for data leakage -considered essential to enterprise risk management?
– Nearly all managers believe that their risks are the most important in the enterprise (or at least they say so) but whose risks really matter most?
– Have you broken down your risks into the COSO ERM categories: Strategic, Financial Reporting, Operating and Regulatory?
– Is identifying and assessing security and privacy risks a part of the overall Risk Management effort?
– Do the results of the security categorization process reflect our Risk Management strategy?
– Do you have a baseline configuration of IT/ICS that is used and regularly maintained?
– Whos in charge of inactivating user names and passwords as personnel changes occur?
– Are unauthorized parties using your system for the processing or storage of data?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– Who performs your companys information and technology risk assessments?
– What is the sensitivity (or classification) level of the information?
– Has the ERM initiative been mandated by the regulators?
– Do you use contingency-driven consequence analysis?
– Are risk incidents frequent within similar organizations?
– Are patches relevant to the organization?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Incremental build model adoptions and find out what it really means.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Enterprise Unified Process study?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Enterprise Unified Process?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Sort Entity–relationship model strategies and differentiate in coordinating Entity–relationship model.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Enterprise Unified Process processes of our organization?
– How likely is the current Enterprise Unified Process plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Unified Process defined?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Learn from Functional specification decisions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– In a project to restructure Enterprise Unified Process outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Business process modeling strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Business process modeling and constraints.
– Are there recognized Enterprise Unified Process problems?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Meet over Software archaeology projects and arbitrate Software archaeology techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the disruptive Enterprise Unified Process technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Enterprise Unified Process? There might be some that are less obvious?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Software verification and validation governance and explore and align the progress in Software verification and validation.
– What are internal and external Enterprise Unified Process relations?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Model after Aspect-oriented software development goals and assess and formulate effective operational and Aspect-oriented software development strategies.
– Is maximizing Enterprise Unified Process protection the same as minimizing Enterprise Unified Process loss?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Value Capability Maturity Model Integration strategies and shift your focus.
– How is the value delivered by Enterprise Unified Process being measured?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Add value to Object model leadership and grade techniques for implementing Object model controls.
– Think of your Enterprise Unified Process project. what are the main functions?
Enterprise Business Modeling Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Enterprise Business Modeling projects and get answers.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Unified Process project?
– How can we improve Enterprise Unified Process?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Bertrand Meyer visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Bertrand Meyer is getting what it needs.
– How important is Enterprise Unified Process to the user organizations mission?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Guide Watts Humphrey governance and improve Watts Humphrey service perception.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Unified Process?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Software design decisions and slay a dragon.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Unified Process products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Software development process quality and remodel and develop an effective Software development process strategy.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Enterprise Unified Process process?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– How would one define Enterprise Unified Process leadership?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Software testing failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Software testing services.
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Unified Process decisions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Unified Process.
Project Management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Project Management quality and forecast involvement of future Project Management projects in development.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– What is agile project management?
– How do we deal with change?
– What is Project Management?
– Needs project management?
– Who is a customer?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Boost Agile software development risks and ask questions.
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Are you considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– What are the business goals Enterprise Unified Process is aiming to achieve?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– How is the development team organized?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– What makes agile better?
– What about large teams?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Spiral model planning and handle a jump-start course to Spiral model.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Enterprise Unified Process is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is our Enterprise Unified Process Strategy?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Value Software deployment governance and report on setting up Software deployment without losing ground.
– Does Enterprise Unified Process systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Enterprise Unified Process that make it risky?
Operations and Support Critical Criteria:
Derive from Operations and Support tasks and intervene in Operations and Support processes and leadership.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise Unified Process models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do those selected for the Enterprise Unified Process team have a good general understanding of what Enterprise Unified Process is all about?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Explore Software prototyping projects and learn.
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Rapid application development strategies and get going.
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– Operational feasibility -will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– Why wait years to develop systems likely to be obsolete upon completion?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– Is there a need to exchange data with other applications?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Should it be monitored by standard monitoring tools?
– Is the system large and can it be sensibly split up?
– Who are the potential users of the new application?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– What is important for us?
– When use RAD?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Jump start Computer programming failures and learn.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Enterprise Unified Process strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can skill-level changes improve Enterprise Unified Process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Unified Process External links:
Enterprise Unified Process Top # 5 Facts – YouTube
Configuration and Change Management External links:
8-2.4 Configuration and Change Management
Configuration and Change Management Approach in …
Enterprise Unified Process External links:
Enterprise Unified Process Top # 5 Facts – YouTube
Trygve Reenskaug External links:
Trygve Reenskaug (Author of Working With Objects)
Software Process Improvement External links:
Measuring the Software Process: Statistical Process Control for Software Process Improvement [William A. Florac, Anita D. Carleton] on …
[PDF]Software Process Improvement: An Introduction
Software quality assurance External links:
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance Plan | Department of Energy
Object-oriented programming External links:
MODULA-2 and object-oriented programming – ScienceDirect
Computer science External links:
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
People Management External links:
Home | UC People Management Conference
People Management homepage
Software configuration management External links:
Software Configuration Management and ISO 9001
[PDF]Software Configuration Management A Clear Case for …
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
military systems modeling | DCS Corp
Analysis and Design External links:
System Analysis and Design Flashcards | Quizlet
Waterfall model External links:
Prototype and Waterfall Model Flashcards | Quizlet
How is V-Model different from Waterfall model? – Quora
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture | Overview
Software Architecture: Meta and SOLID Principles in C# – …
Software Architecture – O’Reilly Media
Data modeling External links:
| Peace, Love, Data Modeling
What is Data Modeling? Webopedia Definition
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical & Computer Engineering | College of Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering (NDSU)
Enterprise Administration External links:
lifeIMAGE Enterprise Administration
Information model External links:
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG – ietf.org
Software maintenance External links:
Software maintenance is an anti-pattern – 18F
Salon Iris Updates | Download Software Maintenance
Upgrade and Software Maintenance Agreement Purchase …
Iterative and incremental development External links:
Iterative and incremental development – YouTube
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth Quotes – BrainyQuote
Niklaus Wirth | Alec Nevala-Lee
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper – Google+
Danese Cooper | Facebook
Systems engineering External links:
Industrial, Manufacturing and Systems Engineering
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Software quality External links:
iSQI (International Software Quality Institute)
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next …
Rational Unified Process External links:
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
The Rational Unified Process for testers – IBM
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Disciplined Agile Delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Google+
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) – YouTube
Programming paradigm External links:
Programming Paradigm Flashcards | Quizlet
Programming Paradigms – Loyola Marymount University
What programming paradigm does MATLAB follow? – Quora
Executable UML External links:
Executable UML (xUML)
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
View model External links:
A multi-view model for visual tracking via correlation filters
[PDF]FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model: K-59 – …
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Wins Second Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize | Brown University
A Guide to the Edsger W. Dijkstra Papers, 1948-2002
Edsger W. Dijkstra • IEEE Computer Society
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, Part 1
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson International | Facebook
The Essence of Software Engineering: Applying the SEMAT Kernel [Ivar Jacobson, Pan-Wei Ng, Paul E. McMahon, Ian Spence, Svante …
Systems development life cycle External links:
The Systems Development Life Cycle
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Chapter 1
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
Formal methods External links:
Formal Methods in Architecture – Home | Facebook
Formal methods for web security – ScienceDirect
Tenth NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2018)
Investment management External links:
T. Rowe Price Investment Management
First Eagle Investment Management
Artisan Partners – Global Investment Management Firm
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
http://Risk management is the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks (defined in ISO 31000 as the effect of uncertainty on objectives) followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events or to maximize the realization of opportunities.
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental build model – YouTube
Incremental Build model | COMPLEX TESTER
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Functional specification External links:
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the Gap
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Business process modeling External links:
Bpmn Method and Style, 2nd Edition, with Bpmn Implementer’s Guide: A Structured Approach for Business Process Modeling and Implementation Using Bpmn 2 …
Guide to Business Process Modeling | Smartsheet
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology – Reddit
Software verification and validation External links:
Software Verification and Validation – superioressaypapers
[PDF]Introduction to Software Verification and Validation
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Object model External links:
What is an Object Model? – Definition from Techopedia
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer Profiles | Facebook
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Watts Humphrey External links:
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Watts Humphrey: An Outrageous Commitment, A Lifelong …
George Watts Humphrey Jr. – Wealth-X Dossier
Software design External links:
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
Devbridge – Custom software design and development
Exygy | Software Design & Development Agency | B …
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Software testing External links:
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Unified Process External links:
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
The Rational Unified Process for testers – IBM
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
Project Management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
Best documentation practices in agile software development
Spiral model External links:
Gravity and the spiral model – ScienceDirect
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Ultimate Software Deployment Checklist & Deployment Plan
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
Operations and Support External links:
PrOSE – Partner Operations and Support Experience
Operations and Support (O&S) Phase – AcqNotes
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Software Prototyping Engineer – Jeppesen Careers
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta Software
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
Computer programming External links:
Computer programming Meetups – Meetup
The Meaning of Beep: Computer Programming – BrainPOP
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM …