What is involved in Marketing analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Marketing analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Marketing analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Marketing analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Marketing analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Marketing analytics related domains to cover and 130 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Marketing analytics, Marketing performance measurement, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing automation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing mix, Marketing operations, Marketing operations management, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Media intelligence, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Performance management, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Marketing analytics Critical Criteria:
Analyze Marketing analytics risks and do something to it.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Marketing analytics moving forward?
– Is Supporting Marketing analytics documentation required?
– How do we go about Securing Marketing analytics?
Marketing performance measurement Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Marketing performance measurement management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Marketing performance measurement services.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Marketing analytics is underway?
– How do we maintain Marketing analyticss Integrity?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Participate in Account-based marketing goals and remodel and develop an effective Account-based marketing strategy.
– What are the disruptive Marketing analytics technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Marketing analytics needs?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Marketing analytics?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Boost Behavioral targeting adoptions and learn.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Marketing analytics?
– How can you negotiate Marketing analytics successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we know that any Marketing analytics analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Brand ambassador issues and observe effective Brand ambassador.
– How do we measure improved Marketing analytics service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Marketing analytics activities?
– How important is Marketing analytics to the user organizations mission?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Brand licensing projects and probe Brand licensing strategic alliances.
– For your Marketing analytics project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What about Marketing analytics Analysis of results?
– How do we Lead with Marketing analytics in Mind?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Consider Brand management visions and probe the present value of growth of Brand management.
– Do the Marketing analytics decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How is the value delivered by Marketing analytics being measured?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Design Corporate anniversary tasks and be persistent.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Marketing analytics project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Marketing analytics ?
– How to Secure Marketing analytics?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Corporate identity engagements and stake your claim.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Marketing analytics process?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Discourse Corporate propaganda tactics and perfect Corporate propaganda conflict management.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Marketing analytics into the services that we provide?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Marketing analytics values?
– How will you know that the Marketing analytics project has been successful?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Digital marketing results and explain and analyze the challenges of Digital marketing.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Marketing analytics? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What are the short and long-term Marketing analytics goals?
– Do we all define Marketing analytics in the same way?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Mix Direct marketing planning and define what do we need to start doing with Direct marketing.
– What threat is Marketing analytics addressing?
– How can we improve Marketing analytics?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Display advertising risks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Display advertising.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Marketing analytics. How do we gain traction?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Drip marketing planning and look in other fields.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Marketing analytics process?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Marketing analytics activities?
– What is Effective Marketing analytics?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Loyalty marketing strategies and track iterative Loyalty marketing results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Marketing analytics project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Marketing analytics project lifecycle?
– What are current Marketing analytics Paradigms?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Group Market segmentation strategies and gather practices for scaling Market segmentation.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Will Marketing analytics deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Have all basic functions of Marketing analytics been defined?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Marketing activation leadership and customize techniques for implementing Marketing activation controls.
– Is there any existing Marketing analytics governance structure?
– Is the scope of Marketing analytics defined?
Marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Add value to Marketing automation results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Marketing automation projects.
– Why is Marketing analytics important for you now?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Discuss Marketing effectiveness risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Marketing effectiveness information.
– Why are Marketing analytics skills important?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Marketing ethics management and sort Marketing ethics activities.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Marketing analytics products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Are we Assessing Marketing analytics and Risk?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Infer Marketing management governance and integrate design thinking in Marketing management innovation.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Marketing analytics objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Marketing analytics forward?
Marketing mix Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Marketing mix engagements and optimize Marketing mix leadership as a key to advancement.
– Identify a product that has been successfully modified to meet changing consumer needs and, as a result, has avoided the decline stage. can we modify the market, the product, or the marketing mix?
– Which customers cant participate in our Marketing analytics domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do you modify the market, the product, or the marketing mix?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Sort Marketing operations visions and finalize the present value of growth of Marketing operations.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Marketing analytics experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does Marketing analytics systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Marketing analytics?
Marketing operations management Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Marketing operations management risks and look at the big picture.
– In a project to restructure Marketing analytics outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is maximizing Marketing analytics protection the same as minimizing Marketing analytics loss?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Depict Marketing research tasks and look at the big picture.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Marketing analytics, including any consulting or professional services?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Study Marketing strategy results and look in other fields.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Marketing analytics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Take any of our products and trace through their likely life cycle. what kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
– Do we have past Marketing analytics Successes?
Media intelligence Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Media intelligence tasks and correct Media intelligence management by competencies.
– Think about the functions involved in your Marketing analytics project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Marketing analytics project manager?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Mobile advertising planning and remodel and develop an effective Mobile advertising strategy.
– What is the purpose of Marketing analytics in relation to the mission?
– Can we do Marketing analytics without complex (expensive) analysis?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Mobile marketing governance and know what your objective is.
– Does Marketing analytics analysis show the relationships among important Marketing analytics factors?
– How will you measure your Marketing analytics effectiveness?
– What are the long-term Marketing analytics goals?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Music on hold quality and describe which business rules are needed as Music on hold interface.
– Is there a Marketing analytics Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we go about Comparing Marketing analytics approaches/solutions?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Review Native advertising results and point out improvements in Native advertising.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Marketing analytics?
– Is Marketing analytics Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
New media Critical Criteria:
Test New media issues and oversee New media management by competencies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Marketing analytics? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Marketing analytics project?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Learn from Online advertising strategies and test out new things.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Marketing analytics services/products?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Marketing analytics that make it risky?
– What are our Marketing analytics Processes?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Apply Out-of-home advertising goals and look in other fields.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Marketing analytics processes?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Performance management tasks and proactively manage Performance management risks.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Marketing analytics?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Personal selling goals and finalize specific methods for Personal selling acceptance.
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– How do we manage Marketing analytics Knowledge Management (KM)?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Discourse Point of sale leadership and tour deciding if Point of sale progress is made.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Marketing analytics project?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Marketing analytics opportunities costing us money?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Consider Product demonstration tactics and pioneer acquisition of Product demonstration systems.
– Will Marketing analytics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does our organization need more Marketing analytics education?
– What is our formula for success in Marketing analytics ?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Align Product marketing goals and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Product marketing services.
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Study Product placement quality and sort Product placement activities.
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Face Promotional merchandise issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Marketing analytics is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– To what extent does management recognize Marketing analytics as a tool to increase the results?
– When a Marketing analytics manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Rank Sales promotion engagements and correct better engagement with Sales promotion results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Marketing analytics does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Align Sex in advertising quality and integrate design thinking in Sex in advertising innovation.
– what is the best design framework for Marketing analytics organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Marketing analytics requirements in detail?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Recall Social marketing failures and maintain Social marketing for success.
– Does Marketing analytics include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Debate over Underwriting spot leadership and perfect Underwriting spot conflict management.
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Trace Visual merchandising management and gather Visual merchandising models .
– What are specific Marketing analytics Rules to follow?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Web banner results and cater for concise Web banner education.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Marketing analytics leader?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Check Word-of-mouth marketing failures and arbitrate Word-of-mouth marketing techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Marketing analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Marketing analytics External links:
Enterprise Marketing Analytics – Google Analytics 360 Suite
Marketing Analytics Dashboards for Agencies | Dasheroo
Integrated Marketing Analytics Solution | Simple
Marketing performance measurement External links:
Marketing Performance Measurement FAQ | Measurement Mojo
Latest Marketing Performance Measurement & Management …
Kiwe.io: Kiwe.io | marketing performance measurement
Account-based marketing External links:
Azalead – Account-based marketing software and services
Social for Account-Based Marketing – MarianaIQ
Best Account-Based Marketing Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Behavioral targeting External links:
Segment Marketing – Behavioral Targeting Blog
Behavioral Targeting Blog – Home | Facebook
What is Behavioral Targeting? – TubeMogul
Brand ambassador External links:
Fletcher Brands, LLC. | Global Brand Ambassador
MyFiziq Announces Michael Klim as Brand Ambassador
Canstar announce Masterchef’s Matt Preston as Brand Ambassador
Brand licensing External links:
Leaders Brand Licensing in RSA | Blue Horizon Licencing
Total Licensing World – Character & Brand Licensing Directory
Time Inc. (UK) Ltd – Content and Brand Licensing
Brand management External links:
hellorain.com.au – Brand Management and Sales Agency
Brand Management Platform – ProductReview.com.au
The Australian Business Award for brand management | uberbrand
Corporate anniversary External links:
SCAL80 Corporate Anniversary Video – YouTube
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable Gifts
Corporate Anniversary Gifts on Zazzle
Corporate identity External links:
Wood Logo | Corporate identity, Logos and Wood logo
PERCEPT ® – Corporate Identity Package
Corporate identity – image | Adobe Stock
Corporate propaganda External links:
Corporate Propaganda Movies List – TorrentKing
Corporate propaganda news, articles and information:
Corporate Propaganda, a song by Inaudible on Spotify
Digital marketing External links:
Philadelphia – Digital Marketing Conference | August, 2018
Glide Agency | Digital Marketing Experts
bonfire.com.au – SEO Perth & Digital Marketing Agency
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Marketing Australia » About
Morris International | Direct Marketing
Direct Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Display advertising External links:
The Evolution of Online Display Advertising – YouTube
Display Advertising | WD News Publications
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising – Google AdWords
Drip marketing External links:
Diverge Drip Marketing Performance – Home | Facebook
Drip Marketing Automation Plugin — WordPress Plugins
Insurance Drip Marketing Solutions – Agency Tsunami
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Loyalty Marketing – Abacus
Loyalty Marketing Campaigns & Digital Solutions – TCC Global
Market segmentation External links:
Market Segmentation studies – Clearinghouse : Home
Market Segmentation Surveys and Strategy | SurveyMonkey
Market Analysis – Market Segmentation – YouTube
Marketing activation External links:
Marketing Activation Jobs Tag – prosperity.ie
Tag: marketing activation – Marketing Eye
Touch Marketing Activation – Home | Facebook
Marketing automation External links:
JetBuzz – Your LinkedIn marketing automation
Siftrock | Email Reply Intelligence for Marketing Automation
RiseFuel – Inbound Marketing | Marketing Automation | SEO
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Sales & Marketing Effectiveness | Mercurial
Plan measurement of marketing effectiveness (Release 1)
Case Studies / Marketing Effectiveness – IRI
Marketing ethics External links:
Ethnic marketing ethics | UWS ResearchDirect
Marketing Ethics & Society | SAGE Publications Australia
Ethical Selling | Marketing Ethics | Unethical Sales Practices
Marketing management External links:
The Marketing Management Group – Marketing, Promotional
Marketing Management (9789810687977) Textbook – …
MKT501 Marketing Management (8) – Charles Sturt University
Marketing mix External links:
Apple iPhone Marketing Mix by Jacob Wood on Prezi
The Marketing Mix | Biz Kids Lesson Plan | Lesson 211
Marketing Mix Modeling | Marketing Management Analytics
Marketing operations External links:
Get A Live Demo of Simple’s Marketing Operations platform
About Aprimo – Aprimo Marketing Operations
Marketing Operations – Aprimo
Marketing operations management External links:
SAS Marketing Operations Management 6.0 R14
Marketing Operations Management – Google+
Marketing Operations Management by Tony Silvers – issuu
Marketing research External links:
Essentials of Marketing Research – Bookboon
AMA Journals – Journal of Marketing Research
Digital Marketing Research and Insights | Gartner
Marketing strategy External links:
Clear | Global Marketing Strategy Consultancy
Marketing Strategy Plan – Marketing Strategy Plan.
http://Ad · www.informationvine.com/Marketing Strategy Plan
Creative Possibility – Marketing Strategy
Media intelligence External links:
Zenbu.ai: Social Media Intelligence Made Simple
Media Intelligence Partners – Home | Facebook
Media Analysis & Media Data: Media Intelligence Center | AAM
Mobile advertising External links:
AWE Network – Smart Desktop & Mobile Advertising Network
PLAYGROUND XYZ / Mobile Advertising / Sydney Australia
The Leading Mobile Advertising Platform | Appnext
Mobile marketing External links:
1Q | Instant Mobile Marketing / Market Research
Mobile Marketing & Advertising Solutions for Telcos | Lumata
Mobile Marketing beyond the Counter | MobileDEN
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold Solution – Captivate Connect
Music on Hold – Communication and Reproduction – PDF
Music On Hold – Message On Hold Company
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising DAYS 2017 – Native Advertising Institute
Native Advertising & Content Discovery Platform | Brax.io
Native Advertising – King Content Australia
New media External links:
New media (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
New Media and Digital Humanities | The MIT Press
New Media (2010) – IMDb
Online advertising External links:
Deshmedia – Online Advertising platform
North Shore Times Advertising | Print and Online Advertising
Wippl – Caribbean Online Advertising
Out-of-home advertising External links:
New report shows out-of-home advertising drives greater ROI
Ubiklan – Redefining out-of-home advertising
Out-of-Home Advertising Essay – 592 Words – StudyMode
Performance management External links:
Environmental Performance Management » Coffey
Enterprise Performance Management Software | EPM | CPM
Cognology – Onboarding, Performance Management & Learning
Personal selling External links:
8 Personal selling skills – arifsari.net
Personal Selling – Marketing Teacher
Personal Selling – Home | Facebook
Point of sale External links:
POS | Point of Sale Software | Retail & Hospitality | MYOB
Uniwell POS Australia | Uniwell4POS | Point of Sale Equipment
POS Hardware Bundle- Point Of Sale System | POS Plaza
Product demonstration External links:
Attend a product demonstration – Laurastar
Honda Tiller Rotary Hoe FR750 Product Demonstration – YouTube
iSolvedTime Product Demonstration
Product marketing External links:
Product marketing tools – Startup with Google
Discovery Education Product Marketing Videos – Demo Duck
The product marketing mix — Knowhow Nonprofit
Product placement External links:
Product placement in Films – YouTube
Product Placement – Transparency
Prop Portfolio | Unrivalled Prop & Product Placement Agency
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise – Novel Tees
Promotional Merchandise With Printed Logo – Custom Gear
TDNI Promotions | Promotional Merchandise Sydney
Sales promotion External links:
METO – Products Sales Promotion
Here’s 5 Smart Ways to Plan Your Ecommerce Sales Promotion
Sales Promotion Specialists – Rowtex
Sex in advertising External links:
Sex in Advertising – Lesson | MediaSmarts
Advertising Technique: Sex in Advertising | AdCracker
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Social marketing External links:
Adolescents, sun protection and social marketing
Social Marketing & Digital Analytics Blog | Simply Measured
Social Marketing Definition
Underwriting spot External links:
Republican Journal/Village Soup Underwriting spot on Vimeo
Tanka FNX Underwriting Spot on Vimeo
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual Merchandising Trend Journal 2017 by Tian Shi – issuu
Visual Merchandising: Styling for Retail and Display – Level 2
VM+ Visual Merchandising Plus More
Web banner External links:
Web Banner Design In Adobe Illustrator – YouTube
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Fitness – Gym Web Banner – Envato Elements
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
The Power of Word-of-Mouth Marketing & Referrals · Vistaprint
Advertise With Word-Of-Mouth Marketing | 107.3 MaxFM
5 Tips to Get Cheap Word-of-Mouth Marketing | Cin7 Blog