What is involved in Access Method
Find out what the related areas are that Access Method connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Access Method thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Access Method journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Access Method leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Access Method related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Access Method, Basic Direct Access Method, Basic Partitioned Access Method, Basic Sequential Access Method, Basic Telecommunications Access Method, Channel I/O, Data buffer, Data set, Device driver, Direct access storage device, Distributed Data Management Architecture, Execute Channel Program, Execute Channel Program in Real Storage, Execute Direct Access Program, Generalized Sequential Access Method, Hierarchical Direct Access Method, Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method, Hierarchical Indexed Sequential Access Method, Hierarchical Sequential Access Method, IBM Information Management System, Indexed Sequential Access Method, Magnetic tape data storage, Mainframe computer, OS/360 and successors, Object Access Method, Operating system, Partitioned Hierarchical Direct Access Method, Partitioned Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method, Partitioned Secondary Index, Queued Sequential Access Method, Queued Teleprocessing Access Method, Simple Hierarchical Indexed Sequential Access Method, Simple Hierarchical Sequential Access Method, Start Input/Output, Storage record, Supervisor call instruction, Telecommunications Access Method, Virtual Storage Access Method, Virtual Telecommunications Access Method:
Access Method Critical Criteria:
Examine Access Method quality and get answers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Access Method project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Access Method move?
– How can you measure Access Method in a systematic way?
Basic Direct Access Method Critical Criteria:
Review Basic Direct Access Method failures and optimize Basic Direct Access Method leadership as a key to advancement.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Access Method is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we Lead with Access Method in Mind?
Basic Partitioned Access Method Critical Criteria:
Debate over Basic Partitioned Access Method risks and find the ideas you already have.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Access Method workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Will Access Method have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Access Method project?
Basic Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Confer over Basic Sequential Access Method engagements and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Basic Sequential Access Method projects.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Access Method delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does Access Method analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the business goals Access Method is aiming to achieve?
Basic Telecommunications Access Method Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Basic Telecommunications Access Method governance and get the big picture.
– Consider your own Access Method project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Access Method Management?
Channel I/O Critical Criteria:
Define Channel I/O quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Channel I/O decisions.
– What are our needs in relation to Access Method skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are specific Access Method Rules to follow?
– How do we maintain Access Methods Integrity?
Data buffer Critical Criteria:
Match Data buffer risks and secure Data buffer creativity.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Access Method, including any consulting or professional services?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Access Method leader?
Data set Critical Criteria:
Depict Data set projects and point out improvements in Data set.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Access Method process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Access Method process available?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Access Method strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– For hosted solutions, are we permitted to download the entire data set in order to maintain local backups?
– How was it created; what algorithms, algorithm versions, ancillary and calibration data sets were used?
– Is data that is transcribed or copied checked for errors against the original data set?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– Is someone responsible for migrating data sets that are in old/outdated formats?
– What vendors make products that address the Access Method needs?
– You get a data set. what do you do with it?
Device driver Critical Criteria:
Face Device driver results and assess what counts with Device driver that we are not counting.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Access Method product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is our Access Method Strategy?
Direct access storage device Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Direct access storage device quality and customize techniques for implementing Direct access storage device controls.
– Among the Access Method product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Distributed Data Management Architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Distributed Data Management Architecture planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– How is the value delivered by Access Method being measured?
– Who sets the Access Method standards?
Execute Channel Program Critical Criteria:
Administer Execute Channel Program projects and find the ideas you already have.
– In the case of a Access Method project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Access Method project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Access Method project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Access Method?
– Is there any existing Access Method governance structure?
Execute Channel Program in Real Storage Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Execute Channel Program in Real Storage issues and finalize the present value of growth of Execute Channel Program in Real Storage.
– Think about the people you identified for your Access Method project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Access Method project?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Access Method project manager?
Execute Direct Access Program Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Execute Direct Access Program engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Execute Direct Access Program interface.
– When a Access Method manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Can we do Access Method without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Will Access Method deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Generalized Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Value Generalized Sequential Access Method tactics and do something to it.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Access Method strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the purpose of Access Method in relation to the mission?
– How do we go about Securing Access Method?
Hierarchical Direct Access Method Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Hierarchical Direct Access Method tactics and track iterative Hierarchical Direct Access Method results.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Access Method? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Access Method project?
Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method engagements and plan concise Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method education.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Access Method objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Access Method products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Hierarchical Indexed Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Debate over Hierarchical Indexed Sequential Access Method strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Access Method. How do we gain traction?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Access Method agendas for the next 3 years?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Access Method opportunities costing us money?
Hierarchical Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Analyze Hierarchical Sequential Access Method adoptions and define what our big hairy audacious Hierarchical Sequential Access Method goal is.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Access Method processes?
– Which Access Method goals are the most important?
– What threat is Access Method addressing?
IBM Information Management System Critical Criteria:
Match IBM Information Management System issues and cater for concise IBM Information Management System education.
– Does Access Method create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is the scope of Access Method defined?
Indexed Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Indexed Sequential Access Method decisions and gather practices for scaling Indexed Sequential Access Method.
Magnetic tape data storage Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Magnetic tape data storage tasks and check on ways to get started with Magnetic tape data storage.
– What are the short and long-term Access Method goals?
– Why is Access Method important for you now?
– What are current Access Method Paradigms?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Read up on Mainframe computer risks and work towards be a leading Mainframe computer expert.
– How do we measure improved Access Method service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is a Access Method Team Work effort in place?
OS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Talk about OS/360 and successors visions and grade techniques for implementing OS/360 and successors controls.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Access Method?
– What about Access Method Analysis of results?
Object Access Method Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Object Access Method results and intervene in Object Access Method processes and leadership.
– Do the Access Method decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Does the Access Method task fit the clients priorities?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Administer Operating system results and find out.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What is the source of the strategies for Access Method strengthening and reform?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– Are there recognized Access Method problems?
Partitioned Hierarchical Direct Access Method Critical Criteria:
X-ray Partitioned Hierarchical Direct Access Method tasks and document what potential Partitioned Hierarchical Direct Access Method megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How do we manage Access Method Knowledge Management (KM)?
Partitioned Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Partitioned Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method governance and question.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Access Method ?
– Is the Access Method organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Are we Assessing Access Method and Risk?
Partitioned Secondary Index Critical Criteria:
Grasp Partitioned Secondary Index planning and revise understanding of Partitioned Secondary Index architectures.
Queued Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Consult on Queued Sequential Access Method risks and track iterative Queued Sequential Access Method results.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Access Method leaders?
– How do we keep improving Access Method?
Queued Teleprocessing Access Method Critical Criteria:
Examine Queued Teleprocessing Access Method visions and do something to it.
– Have you identified your Access Method key performance indicators?
– Is Supporting Access Method documentation required?
Simple Hierarchical Indexed Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Infer Simple Hierarchical Indexed Sequential Access Method decisions and separate what are the business goals Simple Hierarchical Indexed Sequential Access Method is aiming to achieve.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Access Method process?
– How can we improve Access Method?
Simple Hierarchical Sequential Access Method Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Simple Hierarchical Sequential Access Method issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Simple Hierarchical Sequential Access Method.
– Does Access Method include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Access Method?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Access Method is underway?
Start Input/Output Critical Criteria:
Look at Start Input/Output visions and forecast involvement of future Start Input/Output projects in development.
– What business benefits will Access Method goals deliver if achieved?
– What are the usability implications of Access Method actions?
Storage record Critical Criteria:
Infer Storage record management and maintain Storage record for success.
– Do we have past Access Method Successes?
Supervisor call instruction Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Supervisor call instruction planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Supervisor call instruction projects.
– What is our formula for success in Access Method ?
Telecommunications Access Method Critical Criteria:
Apply Telecommunications Access Method results and devise Telecommunications Access Method key steps.
– Are assumptions made in Access Method stated explicitly?
Virtual Storage Access Method Critical Criteria:
Judge Virtual Storage Access Method projects and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Virtual Storage Access Method.
– Which customers cant participate in our Access Method domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Virtual Telecommunications Access Method Critical Criteria:
Derive from Virtual Telecommunications Access Method issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Virtual Telecommunications Access Method information.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Access Method been identified and analyzed?
– Is Access Method Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Access Method Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Access Method External links:
Access Method – Gartner IT Glossary
http://An access method is a function of a mainframe operating system that enables access to data on disk, tape or other external devices. They were introduced in 1963 in IBM OS/360 operating system. Access methods provide an application programming interface (API) for programmers to transfer data to or from device, and could be compared to device drivers in non-mainframe operating systems.
http://An access method is a function of a mainframeoperating system that enables access to data on disk, tape or other external devices. They were introduced in 1963 in IBM OS/360 operating system.
Basic Direct Access Method External links:
Basic direct access method
http://Basic Direct Access Method, or BDAM is an access method for IBM’s OS/360 and successors computer operating systems on System/360 and later mainframes. BDAM “consists of routines used in retrieving data from, and storing data onto, direct access devices.” BDAM is available on OS/360, OS/VS2, MVS, z/OS, and related high-end operating systems.
Basic Direct Access Method (BDAM) – Remote DBA
Basic direct access method – WOW.com
Basic Partitioned Access Method External links:
BPAM – Basic Partitioned Access Method in …
basic partitioned access method Archives – IT Professionals
Basic partitioned access method
http://In IBM mainframe operating systems, basic partitioned access method (BPAM) is an access method for libraries with a specific structure, called partitioned datasets (PDSes). BPAM is used in OS/360, OS/VS2, MVS, z/OS, and others.
Basic Sequential Access Method External links:
Basic sequential access method
http://In IBM mainframe operating systems, Basic sequential access method (BSAM) is an access method to read and write datasets sequentially. BSAM is available on OS/360, OS/VS2, MVS, z/OS, and related high-end operating systems.
Basic Telecommunications Access Method External links:
Basic telecommunications access method
http://Basic Telecommunications Access Method (BTAM) was a low-level programming interface specified by IBM for use on the IBM System/360 for start-stop and binary synchronous telecommunications terminals. Later, IBM specified higher-level interfaces QTAM and TCAM.
Channel I/O External links:
G4PB24 – G4 24-channel I/O Module Rack
Data buffer External links:
Data buffer – GTE Automatic Electric Laboratories …
Script for Oracle data buffer contents
[PDF]’Data Buffer Not Full’ Error – Xitron
http://www.xitron.com/related_files/Data Buffer Not Full.pdf
Data set External links:
Common Data Set | Office of Planning and Analysis
OpenFEMA Dataset: OpenFEMA Data Sets – V1 | FEMA.gov
Limited Data Set | HHS.gov
Device driver External links:
Steps for Signing a Device Driver Package
What Is a Device Driver? – Lifewire
Update or Change a Device Driver – technet.microsoft.com
Direct access storage device External links:
IBM Archives: IBM 3380 direct access storage device
Distributed Data Management Architecture External links:
Inside IBM’s Distributed Data Management architecture
[PDF]Distributed Data Management Architecture for …
Execute Channel Program External links:
Execute channel program
http://In IBM mainframe operating systems, Execute Channel Program (EXCP) is a supervisor call for low-level device access, where the programmer is responsible for providing a list of device-specific CCWs, that is, a channel program, to be executed by I/O channels, control units and devices.
Generalized Sequential Access Method External links:
GSAM means Generalized Sequential Access Method – …
Hierarchical Direct Access Method External links:
HDAM – Hierarchical Direct Access Method in …
HDAM means Hierarchical Direct Access Method – All …
Hierarchical Sequential Access Method External links:
HSAM means Hierarchical Sequential Access Method
IBM Information Management System External links:
IBM Information Management System 14
IBM Information Management System (IMS)
Indexed Sequential Access Method External links:
Chapter 27: Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM)
Mainframe computer External links:
IBM Mainframe Computer Ops in the 1980s – YouTube
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
OS/360 and successors External links:
OS/360 and successors – Sussle
Operating system External links:
Which Windows operating system am I running? – …
FINERY: The Wardrobe Operating System™
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
Partitioned Secondary Index External links:
DATA-PARTITIONED SECONDARY INDEX (DPSI) PARTITION …
DATA-PARTITIONED SECONDARY INDEX (DPSI) PARTITION …
DPSI abbreviation stands for Data Partitioned Secondary Index
Queued Sequential Access Method External links:
Queued Sequential Access Method
http://In IBM mainframe operating systems, Queued sequential access method (QSAM) is an access method to read and write datasets sequentially. QSAM is available on OS/360, OS/VS2, MVS, z/OS, and related high-end operating systems.
Queued Sequential Access Method
QSAM – Queued Sequential Access Method | …
Queued Teleprocessing Access Method External links:
QTAM – Queued Teleprocessing Access Method
QTAM – Queued Teleprocessing Access Method
Start Input/Output External links:
Storage record External links:
IBM sets new tape storage record – newatlas.com
Supervisor call instruction External links:
supervisor call instruction – Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/supervisor call instruction
Virtual Storage Access Method External links:
Virtual Storage Access Method – EDM2